The fog

The fog rolled into the enchanted forest, covering everything in unhappiness and despair. All of the pixies were the guardians of the forest, they vowed in the beginning of time to do their best at protecting the forest and everything in it. They gathered up the small rabbits and squirrels and sent them away to a different part of the the forest where the fog was no where near. They gathered and sent the Phoenix's to fly north to where the fog could not reach them, they would send for them when the fog is gone and homes are regrown. They gathered up the deer, and unicorns and sent them there too, except for one unicorn that failed to arrive. The fog had reached her herd, the unicorn scarcely escaped the fog, but she got separated from her herd. She had a few happy thoughts drained. The unicorn was walking over a stretch of bare land where the fog had already came through. Trees were uprooted, not one blade of the purple grass left. This unicorn remembered coming here when she was just a young filly, running through the knee high sparkling purple grasses that tasted so good. She remembered drinking from the cool waters of the stream that cooled her throat. Now, the land was as barren and dusty as a Deseret.
The unicorn had walked until she met a hill, that hill she climbed until she reached the top and looked over a huge valley that she had only heard of in stories her mother used to tell her about. This was the valley of light. Just being near it made this unicorn delighted, the happy thoughts that the fog had stolen from her returned. A light breeze swept through and over this valley, her long, wavy white mane and tail moving in the breeze, she saw a small herd of unicorns move slowly through the valley of light, nibbling on bright pink, glowing flowers in the sparkling purple grass. Heartache moved through her body as She thought of what will happen to these unicorns when the fog sweeps through here and she put her head down in sorrow. Then her spirits lifted when she walked toward the valley as if it were not allowing her to think of sadness.