Curiosity Kills the Cat Right?

It was a cold night, I was huddled around the fireplace under a blanket trying to stay warm. "Of course the power just had to go out on a night like this," I mumble to myself in anger and annoyance at my misfortune. When a knock came to the door, I thought that my ears were messing with me but to my dismay, it was there again. Begrudgingly I stand from the huddled position I had been in. Walking slowly I turn down the hallway heading to my door. Peaking through the small window next to it I can't see anyone. "That's odd I could've sworn that someone had knocked on the door," this time speaking to my cat who had followed me to the door out of curiosity. "May as well open it right?" I say shrugging to my cat who just walked away out of boredom. Slowly I crack the door open to see no one there but instead a box with a decadent bow. "Now that's odd. I wasn't expecting a package," mumbling to myself I quickly shuffle onto my porch to grab the parcel full of mystery. "This will have to wait until tomorrow, I'm too tired for this," and with that, I went to bed forgetting about the odd package.

Seven in the morning rolls around and I still seem to not have power. May as well open the package since I have nothing else to do. Trudging downstairs I grab a knife from the kitchen and slowly cut off the bow. "I don't know what to expect here so, better safe than sorry," I say turning to my cat. Taking the knife I begin cutting the tape that holds the box shut, keeping me from seeing what is inside. Once it's cut I breathe out a breath I didn't know I was holding. But, then there was a knock at my door. "Who could that be!" I say jumping out of my skin when it broke the quiet atmosphere of anticipation. Quickly I walked over to my door peeking through the window to see my neighbor. "Oh sorry, hi!" I say opening the door for him. "You caught me right as I was doing something," I say rubbing the back of my neck with one hand while showing the knife in the other. "Well, now I'm curious about what you were doing," he says looking at me waiting to know. "Just opening some mail," I say not really liking the small talk. "Ah well I was just going around seeing if anyone has gotten power, so far no one has. I wonder what's happening," he says pondering that question. "Oh um, you didn't happen to get a package, did you? Like one you weren't expecting." I ask wondering if everyone else got a package or if it was just me. "Um no? The only ones I received were expected why?" Once again curious he looked at me questioningly. "I received an odd package last night. I'm curious if anyone else got one," you say turning to walk inside. "Would you like to help me solve this mystery, TJ?"

WHAT?!?! A new story?
Why yes a new story and this one will actually have a decent ending. Or an ending in general.