The Solemn End

Once I've made it to the library it's as quiet as a- well... as a library. Even with how lightly as I was walking I could still hear my own footsteps, finally finding the spot I had chosen I crawl inside. It is definitely easier without that dumb skirt. I have no sense of time or how long I've been here. An hour? Thirty minutes? All I know is my back hurts. I've heard a few distant footsteps, they sound like someone running. A thud could be heard on the floor above me, that was probably someone found. It's so dark... I'm starting to feel really claustrophobic. Then the dreaded moment came, footsteps can be heard outside the door. The door sliding across the wooden floors as it's being swung open is clear as day. The footstep of what I can only imagine is a big man stalking around as quietly as possible is all I can hear. My heart is in my ears pounding so loud I swear the seeker can hear it. But, then the footsteps stop, I can hear a bunch of shuffling and then footsteps leaving the room. What's that smell? Is it... blood!? Someone else must have been hiding in here. I don't know whether to be happy or feel sad for the dead person. Had they not been there I would have been found for sure. I guess it's back to the waiting game. I tried to keep count of the seconds but I got spooked by a noise and lost the number. Maybe if I listen I can move spot. Would that be too risky? Maybe I could just climb out the window. But what about the others? I'll be caught for sure. I think there was a window above the desk, I can slide out of it and run for the hills.

I push the cabinet open poking my head out, there's no one in here. I see the foot of the other hider, I wonder who it is. Walking over quietly I turn the corner and see the person I was hoping it wasn't... Theo. I couldn't stop the silent tears that fell from my eyes. There was a pool of blood near his kneck. Due to the somber moment, I heard the sound of the door opening but realized too late that someone was coming in until I too was on the ground. My own blood mixing with Theo's. Why did I have to leave? Why did they choose me? I feel oddly warm, I guess that's what blood loss does to a person. If only I had stayed inside the desk. Slowly my vision begins to blur until I see no more. 

Aaaaand scene! That's a wrap! Goodnight!