Chapter 20

I wanted to address something because you may be confused. I completely skipped over Momo and Wendy's fight during the second round. I did this for a reason, as the timing of Carla's trip made more sense that way. Now, with that addressed, let's move on! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katsuki walks out into the arena, a determined grin plastered on his face. To most, he looks terrifying, but to our resident sky dragon, he looks incredible. Wendy watches Katsuki intensely from the t.v. in the waiting room, lost in her thoughts.

'I definitely like Katsuki.. but what am I supposed to do now? I have never felt this way before. Romeo and I are very close and many in the guild expect us to end up together, but I never felt this way about him. This feeling is very new to me, should I ask Lucy for help?' she wonders with her hand clutching her chest.

She sighs and watches as Katsuki's match begins and Kirishima immediately charges, activating his hardening quirk. He throws a punch at Katsuki, who barely dodges the hit, but Kirishima manages to scratch his face.

Katsuki quickly recovers from shock and counters him, but Kirishima is completely unaffected by his quirk. Katsuki's eyes slightly widen in shock and Kirishima just chuckles confidently. "Your quirk won't work on me, explosion boy!" he calls out and charges Katsuki again, sending blow after blow, while Katsuki constantly dodges and counters when he can.

After some time, Kirishima begins to reach his limit. Katsuki notices and gives an evil smirk before countering again, this time much stronger. Kirishima's eyes widen as the blow hits, knocking him off guard, and away from Katsuki.

The crowd begins going wild at the sudden turn of events as Katsuki calls out to Kirishima. "You have been using your quirk to keep you solid this entire time right? Which means sooner or later, you will hit your quirk's limit and that makes it easier for me to destroy you, am I right?" he says while Kirishima stares at him, frozen. Katsuki gives a demonic laugh before preparing to strike Kirishima.

"That just means I needed to wait a while before using my quirk. I was saving my quirk for this moment, just so I can kill you!" He lunges at Kirishima and sets off explosions continuously, breaking through Kirishima's quirk. He delivers one last explosion. "DIE!!" he screams as his explosion goes off, knocking Kirishima out.

The crowd goes wild and Wendy smiles from her spot in the room. 'Good job, Katsuki. I knew you would win.' she thought as she waited a few more minutes, before it was time for her match with Shiozaki from class 1-B. She walks to the entrance and waits.

Present Mic announces the two girls as the next competitors and Wendy walks to the stage, smiling sweetly at Shiozaki as she ascends the stairs. When she reaches the last one, she trips over the stair and falls flat on her face, letting out a squeal as she falls. The entire arena seemed to freeze before busting out in laughter. Katsuki is laughing hard from the stands, earning a few strange looks from his classmates at the sight of his genuine laugh. An embarrassed Wendy turns red as she quickly stands up and scurries over to the ring.

"Are you okay?" Shiozaki asks her sweetly and Wendy just nods. "Yeah, I'm okay. I have always been this way..." she trails off embarrassingly and Shiozaki nods in understanding.

"Well, let's do our best okay? I definitely want to win this match, so I plan to give it my all. I hope that we can be friends after this though." she says to Wendy who smiles brightly, showing her canines.

"Yes! I would love to be friends after this! I find your determination admirable Shiozaki! Before I started at this school, I was not much of a fighter, I never found it 'fun'. However, I finally understand that fighting like this is more than just entertainment for others. It helps heroes grow and become stronger! I want to be a hero to and protect my family! I will give this my all as well!"