Chapter 30

(The day internships begin)

Class 1-A met at the train station with Mr. Aizawa before departing for their internships. The class was talking with one another waiting for Mr. Aizawa to give his parting instructions. Lucy was standing in a group with Todoroki, Wendy and Mina.

Wendy was on her phone texting somebody when she began smiling brightly. Mina noticed and quickly snatched her phone to read the text messages.

"Oooooo~ Wendy, I didn't know you were talking to a boy!! Who is he, who is he?!" she exclaimed much louder than necessary. Wendy's face flushed a bright red as she tried to get her phone back from her friend.

"It's not like that Mina! He's a really good friend and we are talking about the internships this week. Please give my phone back."

Mina just smirked at her and continued scrolling through her messages. Wendy finally manages to snatch her phone away from Mina's prying eyes which earns a giggle from the pink skinned girl.

"Awww man. It was just getting to the good part to! So, Shinso huh? Isn't that the guy who beat me in the Sports Festival? When did you start talking to him?"

Wendy gave a shy smile and was about to reply when Mr. Aizawa began to talk.

"Listen up! You guys are heading to your internships. Remember, you are working with pro-heroes and are representing U.A. You are expected to be respectful and work hard to represent the school well. Also, you are not allowed to use your quirk without permission from the pro you are interning with. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir!" The class responds in unison. Mr. Aizawa nods his head in satisfaction.

"Good, now get ready to board your trains. See you all next week." Everybody began to leave to catch their trains. Lucy gave Todoroki a kiss and said goodbye. The wizards began to make their way to their train before Mr. Aizawa stepped in front of them.

"Before you two leave, I have something to give you." He handed them each a card that had their faces and some of their personal information on it. Lucy raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What are these Mr. Aizawa?" she asked.

"These are temporary Hero License. Since you are going on a mission and not an internship, Principal Nezu thought you would need a temporary license in case you had to use your magic. We don't want you to get into trouble with the police or the media, so these are a precaution."

The girls nod in understanding and thank him before getting onto their train to leave for Hosu city. Lucy notices Iida sitting down with a couple empty seats next to him. She nudges Wendy and points over at him before the girls make their way over and sit down.

Carla, who has been oddly silent the whole time seated herself in Wendy's lap. The dragon slayer knows that Carla had a disturbing vision. She only acts this silent when something is really bothering her. However, Wendy knows better than to ask her exceed companion as her visions can be terrifying and she doesn't want to talk about those premonitions. 'We need to stay alert. It's clear something big is going to happen.'

Iida finally looks up from his hypnotic trance and is surprised to see the wizards there. "Lucy, Wendy, what are you two doing on this train? Are you headed to Hosu City as well?"

Lucy nods and smiles. "Yeah, our mission starts there. I'm sorry, we aren't supposed to say much about it, Mr. Aizawa's orders." she says sweat dropping. Iida just nods, but doesn't say anything.

"Iida, who will you be interning with?" Wendy asks joining the conversation.

"I will be interning with the pro-hero Manual." he replies before going silent again. The wizards glance at each other, obviously noticing that something was bothering Iida. They decide to leave him be, not wanting to bug him further.