Chapter 1 : Permission Granted

I cannot see.

The world around me is pitch black, but... I try my hardest to fit in.

I can tell you that it's not easy, but all I wanna do is be normal, and I pretty much am.

If I had to be honest, life being blind is not easy, but I can say I'm living alright...

"Killer be careful !"

Killer felt a sting near his skull after he bumped into a nearby wall, but he didn't pay too much thought into it. Hands roamed his body and brought him into his sister's safe grip.

"Are you alright bro ?" His sister asked, chuckling and rubbing his skull.

"I am quite alright, but where did my stick go ? Did it fall down ?" Killer asked and bended down to try and reach his white cane, the only instrument that would allow him to see his way through life. His sister came down with him and grabbed the cane that laid a few inches away from where he surveyed his hand down and handed it to him. Killer felt the metal shape of the instrument placed onto his boney hands and grabbed it. Killer smiled.

"Thank you Psycho." Killer said, delighted to have his cane back.

Psycho smiled. "No problem." Them she grabbed her brother and led him to sit down on the couch. "So, you said you got something to tell me ?" She asked, sitting him down and sitting next to him.

Killer nodded. "I wanted to tell you that... I want to go to highschool." He said, already imagining on what life on highschool would be, with students and teachers around.

Psycho looked taken aback by his request. "What ?!?"

Killer folded his cane and placed it on his lap. "I wanna go to school Psy, I'm tired of being homeschooled. I wanna get to experience life there in a real school. I wanna go with you." He pleaded.

Psycho was silent for a minute as she processed what he had requested. Being the older sibling, she was deeply concerned for her brother, especially his condition and lack of sight.

Killer's smile formed into a small frown when he heard nothing of a response from his sister. "Please Sis, I just... Wanna be normal."

Psycho was shocked for a moment. "You are normal Kills! You've always been." She placed a boney hand on top of his.

"But it's not fair... You get to go to a normal highschool while I stay home and get homeschooled." Killer said sadly.

Seeing the look on Killer's face made Psycho sad. "But what about your condition ??? You'll be the only different one in a school ! I understand what you want brother, but... Life in highschool is not easy. Considering the fact that your..." Pyscho trailed off, she didn't want to say 'blind' because she feared it may offend her brother.

Killer smiled sadly at her. He knew what she was going to say next and that his sister was only looking out for him and concerned of his safety and can be very overprotective on him.

"It's okay Psy, I know that I may be blind, but that doesn't stop me from reaching my goals in life doesn't it now ? Half of my life has been consisted with me staying home everyday. I wanna go to a senior year and meet new friends ! I wanna learn new things !" His sister smiled warmly at him. She adored how determined his brother is and would never give up hope and would always find a way to finish his goals. That's what she always loved about him. He was always so determined even in his condition, he treats it as if it's just part of life.

After pondering for a moment. Psycho sighed and gave her brother a small smile. "Alright then," She couldn't bring herself to say no and crush his hopes and dreams.

Killer smiled brightly at her. "But, are you really sure you want to ? It could be very challenging." Killer shook his head. "I think I'm going to be quite alright."

Psycho bit her lip. "You won't be alone, I'll be there with you at all times. But... How will you read, how will you write, and how can you read the writings on the board ??? How will you even make your way around ???" Now she was worried.

Killer chuckled and squished her hand. "You don't have to be always by my side, I can do it by myself by practice. Please Sis. I just wanna do it. I'm willing to."

Psycho hesitated on her choice, but seeing the happiness on his face made them vanish away. "If that's what you want, fine, I'll help you get in. But is this what you really want ?"

Killer then hugged his sister tightly, making Psycho a bit surprised before giggling and hugging him back. "Yes."

Killer had no idea what fate had in store for him, but he's willing to try if it makes him look normal. All he wants his whole life is to be normal. And he was determined to accomplish that. Even if it means getting into hardships and dealing with them the hard way or the easy way with or without his sister there to guide and protect him. He doesn't want to be seen useless and weak.

"Thank you Psy, I love you sis."

"I love you too Bro."

Killer pulled away and grinned. "So, when do we get started ?"

{{ So, how's the first chappie ???

-TKS 💜 }}