Chapter 5: Unwanted Outburst

~Ollie~

       Before Mom moved in, she did spend quite some time over at our house, so it didn't take long to get used to the fact that she was now living with us. 

       And I really loved it. 

       The only downside was that Grant would now constantly ask to bang me when both my parents were around, not caring that they were in earshot.

       He really needed to filter his mouth but he just wouldn't. 

       I hoped he did when both Penny and the social worker got here.

       Mom and Dad went to go pick up Penny from her dad's house to bring her here. She was going to stay for the weekend and later on today, a social worker was going to come by and see what Mom's living arrangements were like.

       The only thing I was hoping for today was that I didn't have an outburst. I was never able to stop them, so if one happened when the social worker got here, when Penny got here, I might ruin everything for Penny and Mom.

       And I really didn't want to.

       I was even trying to clear my mind by playing the piano. Or really, attempting to play the piano. No matter what song I tried to play, I just couldn't play it properly. I was messing up every few notes, making it sound like the most horrendous thing I had ever played.

       I eventually gave up, getting up from the piano and walking over to the couch. I flopped down on it, grabbing the blanket that was resting over the top. I placed it over me. "I'm hibernating and never coming it."

       "You're being dramatic," Grant said from his spot at the kitchen table.

       "You're one to talk. I'm surprised your middle name isn't Dramatic."

       "It better not be. I already have to deal with a horrible name like Blade."

       "Blade isn't horrible."

       "Says the guy with the hottest name in the world, Oliver. Speaking of hot, can we bang?"

       I removed the blanket from over my head and sat up to look at my husband. "Grant, I love you and everything, but I swear if you say anything like that when Penny and the social worker get here, I won't hesitate to divorce you."

       Grant curled his bottom lip into a pout. "I can't believe you would say something like that. I'm so nice to you, and this is how you repay me?"

       I rolled my eyes and laid back down on the couch. "You're annoying."

       "But that's what you love about me."

       "I'd love it if you were less annoying."

       "I know you can't see my right now but I'm sticking my tongue out at you."

       I lifted my arm and gave Grant a thumbs up.

       "Are you okay?" Grant asked. "You're being very sassy right now."

       "I'm always sassy when you're annoying. Which is always."

       Grant stood up and walked over to me. Since I was lying on the couch, he gently moved my legs so he could sit down. Once he did, he said, "You know, I'm thinking I should bribe Penny into liking me."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would you need to bribe her? You haven't even met her yet."

       "Exactly. I'll bribe her right away, so she'll like me and there won't be any chance of hating me."