Chapter 13: High Tension

~Ollie~

       Even though I chose the movie playing on the TV right now, I haven't been paying attention to it right now. Too many different thoughts were racing through my mind right now, and it was making it hard for me to concentrate on anything.

       Part of me, a huge part of me, just wanted to go outside for a bit to get some fresh air because I was starting to get a bit-stir crazy staying in the house all day. But Hugh was still out there, and the other part of me was too afraid that I would run into him, or even that I would see him.

       And apparently, all the fear in my mind was enough to overpower the rest of the my mind.

       The front door opened but I didn't feel like turning my head to see who walked through the door. Though if I had to guess, it was probably Grant since Dad and Mom were at work and Penny was at school.

       "Guess what I got?" Grant said, so I turned out to be right.

       "My will to leave the house?" I asked, mainly as a joke but the bigger part of me meant it in a serious way. I really did want to leave the house to do something, anything, but I couldn't.

       Grant walked over to the living room, placing a bag down on the coffee table before he crouched down in front of me, gently stroking my hair away from my face. "It wouldn't help if I leave the house with you?"

       "Not really," I said. "Either way, Hugh is out there. Still free. I really don't want to run into him because we have no idea what he's planning."

       Grant sighed. "Fair enough. So... Want to see what I got?"

       "Is it food from the diner?" I asked. "You normally come home with food from the diner."

       "Well, you are not wrong," Grant said, grabbing the bag and taking out the takeout containers out. "I got your favourite burger, onion rings, and of course milkshakes. Unfortunately, I've yet to figure out the recipe for the milkshakes. Destiny and Dan still won't tell me it."

       "Have you ever considered that maybe they don't want to tell anyone their recipe because the milkshakes are very famous?"

       "I have, but that doesn't stop me from wanting the recipe." Grant gently pushed my legs off the couch, which caused me to sit up. He sat down beside me, handing me the food he got. "You doing okay?"

       "Why do you ask?"

       "You were just lazily lying on the couch when I got home. You've been doing that all day."

       "That's not something new. I've been like this the past couple months."

       "Not recently."

       "I had a manic episode, Grant. Of course I wasn't like this recently. But now, I'm off the manic episode and just..." I made an explosion sound as I mimicked my head exploding. "Chaos."

       "I'm sorry," Grant said. "I wish there was more I could do to help you."

       I just smiled softly at Grant. "Don't worry. You've been doing more than enough. You always drop everything to help me. If anything, it just makes me feel bad that I don't do anything to help you."

       "You can help my sexual desires by having sex with me."

       "Yeah, not happening."

       Grant sighed. "I tried."

       I patted his shoulder. "You'll live."

       Shortly after Grant and I finished eating, there was a knock on the front door. Grant was the one who got up from the couch to answer it because he knew I didn't have too much energy right now. Even though I really should try to fight against these feelings I was having.