Chapter Two

"Home sweet home" Zeke said quietly as he left the truck, which had bee parked outside the headquarters of the organisation. Vlad and Hayden slowly followed as Drew and the woman talked about something, their conversation muffled by the sound of the metal surrounding them on the other half of the vehicle. Zeke pressed his ear against the truck to try and hear the conversation, only to be stopped by Vlad pulling him away gently.

"You need to give them privacy, rookie" he said as he chuckled faintly before patting his head, suddenly pulling back as he sucked air through his teeth as a reaction to the pain in his arm. Zeke checked his arm and noticed the mark of the injection. He gasped and quickly grabbed Vlad, trying to drag him indoors before being stopped by his russian friend. "Hold up there, friend. You're in quite a rush. I'm fine" he said as he looked down at a clearly worried Zeke, who tried to drag him into the building again. After a few seconds of reluctance, Vlad sighed and made his way to the medical facility to see that there was only one nurse in the room. Zeke smiled as he rushed to her and cuddled her tightly.

"Hey, Laura!" he said before kissing her cheek as she smiled back at him.

"Hey there. You need some help?" she asked before seeing the injection wound on Vlad's arm. She signalled for him to sit near her so that she could work on the injury. "So, how did you get injected like that?" she asked as she grabbed her surgical equipment.

"We ran into a criminal who claimed to be dealing the zombie drug" he said as he looked up at the nurse with a look of disappointment. "Now can I leave?" he asked before she forced him to lay backwards.

"Not at all! If that drug works, you'll be zombified and we'll have no choice but to-" she was stopped as Vlad moved his hand, letting her know that he was aware of the consequences. She began her operation.

Meanwhile, Hayden was talking with the dealer who had been tossed into a cell.

"Why did you do it?" he asked the criminal, who looked through the window of his cell with a look of sadness on his face.

"My boss told me that I'd be given everything for myself and my family. If I refused, we'd be trapped in his chamber thingy and gassed by his virus stuff. So I dealt the drugs as a cure to the gas that had flooded the city.It got people outside into the gas and those who held their breath were gullible enough to buy the drug from me" he explained as Hayden sighed.

"You killed hundreds to save your family" he stated as Tyler looked away from him.

"What would you do?" he asked before turning back to the window. "You could die and endanger your family or kill people you never knew to keep those dear to you safe. Where does your moral compass point?" he added as Hayden walked away from the cell and walked to the med-bay, where he saw Vlad grabbing Laura with Zeke incapacitated on the ground. He rushed in and fired his gun near Vlad, who let go of Laura and walked in Hayden's direction, grunting and growling with colourless eyes. Hayden noticed his older brother slowly rise to his feet, a handgun in his hand as he aimed it at the back of Vlad's head, suddenly being stopped by his conflicting emotions as he thought back to how they met. A mission where they were sent to Lances lab to track down any existing drugs for research. Zeke was being attacked and Vlad saved him from being bit. They had been close friends for a month since then, but now he had a gun pointed to his gun to protect his younger brother. Zeke cried as he closed his eyes and pulled the trigger, hearing a loud collapse as Vlad fell to his death.