Chapter One: Broken

The light from the chandelier shown beautifully down, enveloping the couples as they danced across the floor; making the sparkles on the women's dresses shine brighter than ever before.

Successful business owners and people high up in the corporate world came from all over, to be present at L-Corp's annual gala. It was a very big deal; being planned nearly seven months in advance. Kara had only been invited because of her friendship with the owner of L-Corp, Lena Luthor. Otherwise, Kara would have never considered going, or even been invited for that matter.

Kara and her boyfriend Mike, or also known as Mon-el, stood by the buffet table. Smiling, she picked up her Champaign glass and took a sip as she turned away from Mon-el to face the cheerful crowd. Mon-el smiled at her; she had no idea how beautiful she was.

As the song came to an end, Mon-el took this chance to the best of his advantage. He turned to Kara and held out his hand. Kara turned back to him and smiled.

"My lady." He started, making Kara giggle. "May I have this dance?" Mon-el asked.

Kara smiled widely, putting her hand in his. "You may." She responded, followed by another giggle.

The two lovebirds made their way out onto the dance floor. They both loved dancing; as it was custom on both their home planets, Krypton and Daxam.

As the next song came on, the couple started to move to the music. Neither of them were great at it, but it didn't matter. They were the epitome of 'in love'.

Mon-el looked into her beautiful blue eyes, and couldn't help but smile. Her eyes met his, and she smiled back, as they moved in synchronization. No words were needed; their was plenty of communication going on between their eyes. So much love was just pouring out of both of the two, that anyone could see it.

Focused solely on one another, they danced in a sea of people. Mon-el rubbed his hand on Kara's back, sending sparks up her spine. Even though Kara wasn't used to, and wasn't necessarily the biggest fan of atmospheres like this one, she felt completely at home with him.

Kara took a steady step toward him; now nearly hugging. She adjusted her arms so that one was grasping his shoulder, while the other rested around his waist. Mon-el accepted this gesture, and allowed her to rest her head on his shoulder. Kara smiled into his neck. His arms held onto her back ever so gently, yet assuringly as they swayed . The slow song came to an end as the couples across the dance floor began to stop.

Kara lifted her head, and smiled at him as she took his hand in hers. Mon-el smiled back, lost in her eyes. "I love you" Mon-el whispered to her. At the sound of his words, Kara's heart fluttered. She had yet to tell him the same, but that was okay.. She knew she loved him, but was nervous to tell him because once its out, its out. And then what if he leaves? It was just a whole can of worms, and Kara didn't know if she was ready to open it yet. So in response, she just smiled. She wanted to kiss him so bad, but she didn't feel that this was the most appropriate place to do that.

Still hand in hand, Mon-el led her off the dance floor; they walked up to the table with the punch. Mon-el got a sneaky mischievous face suddenly. "Punch, my darling?" He said fancily, pretending to be proper. Kara chuckled, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Sure." She said with a smile, admiring his ability to be so comfortable in places like this.

Mon-el poured Kara a glass of punch, as another couple came up behind them, waiting in line. Kara took a step back, not realizing there were people directly behind her.