Chapter 7: I Brought Him Back

Words can not describe the overwhelming joy that I feel. My heart flutters nervously, by brain scattered thinking a million different things in a million different ways.

I will never forget the call, only five minutes ago, I was a different person. I was just Hazel Grace Lancaster, the sixteen year old pregnant girl with cancer and a dead boyfriend. Now, I am a sixteen year old pregnant girl with cancer and a living boyfriend.

The words of the call ring in my ears like music. "Is this Hazel Grace Lancaster?" Said the deep voice, a familiar voice. "Yes." My blood pressure began to increasingly rise as I placed that voice. "Hazel Grace, I missed you." At that point I was hyperventilating, my mother frantically hooking me up to the BiPap machine and finishing my conversation on the phone.

"I don't think that it is him. Honey, Augustus is dead. He....." "Then who was it?" I interject between shaky breaths. "I don't know, a prank perhaps? A mean one at that." "Who would prank me? Who do I know? That was him mom. I can feel it, I know."

She gently touched her hand to my cheek, tears welling in her eyes. "Better get ready, we are leaving for the hospital to visit him in ten minutes." I hug her, tightly, and release a shaky laugh. All of the depression, the pressure and pain of possibly raising a child alone left me in that one breath. Despite my added baby weight, I feel ten pounds lighter.

I search desperately through my closet until I find a simple yellow shirt and baggy jeans. It isn't the exact same outfit as the day that I met him, but for someone whom is noticeably pregnant, it will do. I walk out and dragging Philip behind me, walk out to the car.

With my mother's help, I get settled in the car, and we drive off towards the hospital.
__________________________

"What if he doesn't love me anymore?" I ask my mother, the door knob is cold under my already under-oxygenated hand. Beyond this thin wall lays Augustus Waters, the love of my life.

"Hazel," My mother grabs me by the shoulders and turns me to face her. "He loves you." The tone in her voice is so confident, so proud, that for a moment I am reassured.

I put my hand on the knob once more and twist it open. "Hello Augustus." I choke.

"Hello Hazel Grace."
--------------------------------------------
You asked for it, I gave it to you guys! :-) Please comment and vote, next chapter I will explain why and how he is alive. ❤️