Chapter 1: Parties & Panties

"-Then I just left." I finish telling my lifelong friend James the details of what happened between me and Teresa.
"Damn!" He laughs. "Some hoes just can't seem to get right!" James was the type of guy that could never be serious. He was like this ever since we were little kids.
I started to laugh but stopped myself immediately, something was bothering me but I couldn't put my finger on it.
I pull some fresh clean clothes out of my drawer and walk to the bathroom quickly shutting the door behind me. I take deep breaths. What was wrong with me? Depression all of a sudden hit me like a truck. I strip off my sweaty smelling clothes and throw them in the corner. I turn the hot water faucet and watched as steam formed a cloud inside the shower, a hot bath always cleared my head.
I stepped inside the shower letting the hot water caress my skin. My mom always used to get mad when I took hot showers, she used to think I was gona burn half to death. I don't know what it is I just love a nice hot shower, the steam opened my pores, my lungs, and my mind.
I start thinking of what would have happened if I wouldn't have slept with Teresa. Would I still be feeling this hint of guilt that's been bubbling inside of my chest? Wait, no. I'm a man.
*Flashback*
"Charles get your ass over here and stop crying!"
I run over to my father, scared of what he was going to do to me, but I didn't care, he could do whatever he wanted to me as long as he wasn't doing anything to my mother.
I walk over to him hoping he wouldn't yell at me, and he didn't, he slapped me instead. My face stung, it felt like a thousand bees had stung me on my left cheek, and the cold January wind blowing against my face didn't make it feel any better.
"I didn't raise a bitch!" He yelled. "Do you want to be a man?!"
I stare at him, speechless.
"Huh?! Do you?!" He boomed. "Punk ass bitch! Stop acting like a female and pick up that ball!"
I walk over to the baseball that was lying lifeless on the cold frosty grass.
"Dad I'm sorry..." I start to plea.
"-I don't Wana hear that shit boy! If you want to be something in life you gotta mark your territory! If you see something you want go and take it! No feeling, no mercy!"
I pick up the ball and wait for his instructions.
"Throw like a man son, I've seen girls throw better than you." He says after he spits in the grass.
"Dad, I don't even have a glove." I tell
Him softy.
"Come here." He bends his index finger motioning me over to him.
I walk slow, still afraid.
"Come on! I don't have all day boy!" He screams again.
"Yes?" I whisper when I finally make
It over to him. He looks at me and raises his cigarette to his lips, inhales, exhales deeply and throws his bud in the grass. I look up at him waiting for what was coming. As soon as I thought he had forgot about me he gets a good hold of my throat, choking the life out of me. He puts his lips up to my ear and whispers to me.
"-does it look like I give a fuck about a glove? Boy don't you know that if I wanted to kill you I could? You'll be out here all night if I want you to be. You're worthless to me."
He throws me back causing me to fall and hit my head on the ground. I didn't really notice the pain because I was too busy trying to bring breath back into my body.
I look up at my father while he looks down at me and lights another cigarette.
"Get up. And do what I say. No feeling, no mercy!"
*knock knock*
The sound of James rapping on the door scared me out of my thoughts
"Chase?" James said through the door.
"What?!" I scream, I didn't mean to scream I just don't like to be scared.
The shower was too loud and I didn't feel like turning it off just to hear him. I was trying my best to relax and not think about things that didn't matter.
"Those hot sorority girls from Oxford University are throwing a party at their house, we gotta invite, you down?"
I pondered what he said as the hot water practically burned my skin. I was tired. Not Physically but mentally. The whole party, get drunk and study for exams was not the way I wanted to live anymore. That fight with Teresa made me realize that I've been getting out of hand lately, I don't even know who I am. When I walk past people all I hear is "chase the party pimp!" What the fuck is a party pimp? I don't know, but all I know is that I might be missing out on some things. Don't normal, more mature college students meet up for coffee and study for like 3 hours at Starbucks? That's what the normal college kids did on TV.
I just wasn't sure anymore.
"Chase!" James knocked again.
"Look, I'll think about it, can I just take a shower please? Dickhead?" I laughed.
"Whatever." James said as he hit the door one last time to get a rise out of me.
I soap up real good and just sit in the water for about 15 more minutes, just chillin in my thoughts. When the water started to cool down a little bit that's how I knew it was my cue to hop out. I grab a clean towel out of the tiny bathroom closet and dry off. I wrap the towel around my waist and walk over to the sink grabbing my toothbrush. I started brushing away all taste of Teresa. I gurgled with mouth wash and flossed. I wipe the steamy mirror and look at myself.
"No feeling, no mercy." I whisper.
It amazed me how much I looked more like my mother than I did my father. I'm glad I didn't look like him either, Cuz if I had to look at myself everyday and see his face I would want too ...
I block the insane thought from my head.
I walk out of the bathroom, the cool draft gave me goosebumps. I walk over to my side of my dorm room.
James and I had the biggest dorm
In our building. It was split into two rooms and we both had our own bathrooms they were sort of small
But James had the biggest bathroom and I always used his. The only thing bad thing about this dorm is that the door that separates James' room and my room doesn't lock, so I could have a girl in here he could just walk in and ask my me a stupid question. That wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
I close the door that separated my space from James' space and get dressed. Something simple, yet comfortable. I grab my Abercrombie sweat pants and a pullover sweatshirt. I slip on some socks and lay on the bed.
Another thing we definitely had to do was call someone to fix the heater in here.
I pick up my phone.
*25 unread text messages*
Most of them were probably about some party that was coming up. And a few were probably from mom. The rest? Probably some horny Thot looking for a good time.
I wasn't in the mood.
I get up off my bed and put some popcorn in my tiny microwave. I knew sooner or later the sound or the smell would attract a hungry food monster named James, he was always hungry.
The microwave beeped. I pull the hot bag out and open it, I dump the popcorn into a bowl and sit back down on my bed. I turn on the tv to see what was on. Nothing. As usual. I lay back and started watching some movie about a girl who had gotten kidnaped and raped. Before I knew it I was sleep.
*SLAP*
"You're a dog!"
*SLAP*
"I didn't raise a bitch!"
"Charles! What have you done?! What have you done!?"
"Charles!"
"Charles."
"Chase!"
I sit up quickly.
"Chase?" James whispers.
"What! What do you want?!" I yell.
"You were having dreams again." James speaks quietly.
"Ugh." I wipe the sweat off of my forehead.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.
"No!" I answer quickly. "It's over with, I'm cool buddy, I promise."
I pat James on the back. I don't want him to think I'm angry with him.
"Um. What time is it?" I change the subject.
"It's time for you to get dressed. We gotta party to go to boy, and I'm not Gona let you sit up here in this dorm by yourself. So get up, get dressed, let's go."
"James I..."
"-shut up." James interrupted. "You're going."
"I'm not going anywhere." I protested.
"-The fuck you are!" James snapped. "Get up!"
"No man seriously." I protest again.
"Chase c'mon!" James begged. "You're not spending this Saturday night alone! I let you sleep for a good few hours but now it's time to get movin."
"Alright! Alright!" I give in. I just wanted him to shut up.
"Good. Be ready in 15." James hops off my bed and walks into his room.
I stare at the digital clock on my night table which read 8:03 pm. I can't believe I slept for so long! I must have been hella tired. I turn my lamp on after realizing I was sitting in complete darkness. I walk into my bathroom for the first time and turn on the sink faucet to splash cool water in my face. I strip off my sweatshirt and walk out. Picking out what I was going to wear to a party was almost like choosing between life and death, it took some thought. I start to think about the dream I had, I don't even remember what happened exactly, all I remember was hearing voices! I kept hearing my name over and over, they wouldn't stop! I shake my head and quit thinking about it, the more I think, the more I start to lose my mind.
I open my drawer and pull out a black polo with dark khaki joggers. I slip on some deodorant then slip on my polo. I slide my sweat pants off and jump into my joggers, I pull my pants down just a little bit so it sagged but not to much as to were you could see my boxers, my
Polo was too long to see anything anyway. I open the next drawer, pull out some black socks and slip them on Then, I walk over to my bed and pull my shoebox from under it, I open the box and throw my black Timberlands on the bed. I grab my G-shock watch off my dresser and quickly put it on.
I walk back to my bed, sit down and put the Timberlands on re-tying the the laces. After that was done I spray some
of my Michael Kors cologne on my wrist and on my neck. My mom always sent me this Michael Kors shit, but I had to admit it smelled good. I slip on my gold chain that just sitting on my night table. All I needed was a jacket and I was good! Of course I couldn't find the last thing I needed, only one person would know where it's at.
"James!" I yell.
"What?!" He yells through the door.
"My denim jacket! Where is it?!" I yell again.
"It's in my drawer." He answers.
I walk over to his side of the room.
"Fresh to death buddy! That's what I'm talking about!" He chuckles.
I couldn't help but smile, James knew how to make me feel better. That's why I could truly and sincerely call him my best friend.
I take the jacket out of his drawer and slip it on quickly.
"You ready?" James asked.
"Yeah." I answer.
"Let's do it!" James yelled. "Time to get to the party, then we can get in the panties."
I laugh at his enthusiasm, but I had to admit. James is jumpin out lookin fresher than me. He was wearing a red collard shirt with black Joggers, and Jordan's, I think they were the Raging Bull 5's. Either way he was killin it, he had on his dark denim jacket and his Rolex, he was definitely ready.
"I'll drive." He volunteers.
James grabs the keys to his 2013 Chevy Malibu, and was out the door before me.
**********************************
Hey guys ! If you're reading this story! Good! Don't stop! I need to know if I should keep going with this because the next chapter is going to give yall LIFE! ❤️❤️ sorry if there are any mistakes but I'm just excited to keep going! I love comments and if u have any ideas!
Inbox me!