Ivy

Athena comes into the room with Rylee and sees Matty crying. "Oh, I'm sorry. Is this a bad time?" She whispers. "No. Everything is fine. Actually this is a perfect time." Matty says, wiping his eyes. Athena hands me Rylee and gently grabs Matty's hand. He looks up at her and smiles. "If you need to talk, I'm here for you. Okay?" She whispers. Matty smiles and nods his head.

Matty signals for me to hand him Rylee, so I do as he asks. Holding her always makes him smile, which in return makes both Athena and I happy. Athena leaves the room to help Preston with something and Matty starts playing with Rylee. Hearing Matty's laugh is the sweetest thing.

"You know what Matty? We're going to go to a bar and we're getting you a girl." I say slapping my legs and standing up. Matty gives me a weird look, but he grabs Rylee and stands up. "Okay." Matty gives Rylee to Athena and follows me to my car.

We arrive at the bar and Matty orders a couple of drinks, but I only have one so I can be sober enough to drive him back home if nothing goes well. Matty gets pulled away from me by a couple of girls. A few try to hook up with me, but I make it obvious that i'm not interested.

Matty goes home with a girl named Ivy. I end up just driving back home myself since theres no point in staying if Matty isn't there. It pains me that I can't be with him, but that's life. We don't always get what we want.

It's been a few weeks since I've seen Matty. I hope he's doing alright. He seemed happy when he left with Ivy, but he was also extremely drunk. I've yet to find anyone I am attracted to. I've been so focused on Matty hoping he'd change his mind and want to be with me. I can't believe I've fallen in love with my best friend.

Matty finally finds the time to contact me after about three months. He introduces me to his girlfriend Ivy, the one he met at the bar. Ever since Matty left with Ivy that night, I've been jealous of her. Every time they kiss my body aches, just wishing that it was me kissing him. Ivy leaves to use the bathroom and I quickly use that time to express my opinions about her to Matty.

"I don't think you two should be together." I blurt out.  

"Why not?" Matty asks while giving me a dirty look.

I wanted to say 'because i want us to be together', but i held it back and said something else.

"Well firstly, you two met while you guys we're nearly blackout drunk. Secondly, I've seen pictures of you ex girlfriend. You'e only with Ivy because they look extremely similar."

"That's not true!" Matty exclaims. 

"What's not true?" Ivy laughs while walking back to Matty and siting on his lap.  

"Nothing babe" Matty smiles, wrapping his arms around her.

I  shake my head and turn on the TV. After a few hours Matty and Ivy leave, leaving me completely alone in the house. I head up to bed not that long after they leave and hope to have a better day tomorrow. 

"I broke up with Ivy" A voice echoes in my room. 

I jump in in fear before I realize it's only Matty. 

"What? How'd you get in here?" I ask, still in shock.

"Sorry. I broke up with Ivy. She's pregnant." Matty replies.

"I'm sorry about that." I say while still waking up. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to have to raise the child on my own." He sighs. 

"Why?" I ask confused. 

"Ivy wants to give it up for adoption. I can't do that." He answers.

"Wow." I return. "I'll help you raise him or her."

Matty smiles and sits down next to me. "I appreciate that so much."