Chapter 1

After work Eric Slingby was walking with Alan Humphries back to their houses, and his mind kept wandering to what had happened that day. He had found out that Alan was sick with the Thorns of Death, the only incurable disease known to reapers.

Here I am walking home with Alan as I do every day, but it's so different now that I know he's sick. How could this have happened to someone so sweet like him? Why does it have to be HIM?! Why can't it it be me?!! He internally sighed, calm down, you got to keep it together, for him.

"Eric, are you ok?" Alan questioned, worried over how quiet his friend had been since leaving work.

"Hm? Oh yeah I'm fine, I was just thinking that maybe you should come over to my place tonight...? Eric suggested, "I was just thinking since you live farther away and your sick.... That-"

"No." Alan cut in, not letting him finish his sentence. He refused to be treated differently by him just because he now knew he was sick, and pulled of a sour look just top it off. "Not because I'm sick. If that's why you want me over, then I'm not going."

"Oh come on, don't give me that look. And besides...it doesn't have to be because you're sick. Think of it like...a sleepover or something," Eric reasoned, not wanting to lose this argument. "or...you know, just two blokes getting together to have a good time. How about it? Please?" Eric let a hint of pleading into his voice, hoping to make Alan crack.

"I guess..." Alan sighed, feeling a little guilty over snapping at him, then hearing the pleading tone lacing his voice. "I just don't want you to act differently now that you know I'm sick! I just want you to treat me the same...like you always did. Please don't change how you act because of this." Alan's voice was nothing but a mere whisper by the end of his sentence, even though he started out strong. He just felt so defeated, he had nothing else to give.

"I won't, I swear." Eric promised, hating to see Alan look so depressed, and just wanting to cheer him up somehow.

He ruffled the brunets hair as he asked again, only sounding more himself and honest this time. "so...do you want to come over today? If you don't...I understand. It was wrong of me to try to treat you differently, I know that, I just...I worry about you. I'm sorry if I offended you, I really don't want to. I care about you, I really do, and the last thing I'd want to do is upset you." Eric admitted.

But not just admitting to Alan, but also to himself. He knew what he'd been feeling for awhile now, he just didn't want to admit it. But there was no ignoring it now. He said he "cared"...but he more than just cares about him, he loves him, with all his heart. But he's just too afraid to show it, and he knows that.

Alan blushed lightly as he replied with a bright smile, "I'd love to. And you didn't upset me." He turned his face towards the ground as he spoke his next words, "I honestly don't think you ever could..."

"Great!" Eric beamed down at his partner giving him a light clap on the back. "Let's get going then shall we?"

///////////\\\\\\\\\\
So, what do you think, any good?
Should I keep writing it? Or I guess the question should be should I keep posting it.
Feel free to comment what you think! It's greatly appreciated and would make me super happy!