Chapter 1

Jerry didn't want to walk home she hated the heat. The scorching sun burned her scalp because she had two cornrows in her head, which was kinda uneven not to mention, that allowed the sun to burn her scalp. I mean what can she do, she can't drive and she certainly won't take the bus because those people are crazy.

Looking to her left she sees a corner store. She's signed and walked towards the corner store, her mom couldn't pick her up today cause she had to work late. Upon entering the store the chimes slash ringer notified the cashier that she entered. She goes towards the back to the drinks.

Looking over the glasses drinks she found what she was looking for. Arizona

She smirked cause it was only a dollar, she grabs the fruit punch Arizona and a bottle of water and two 50c chips.

She sets everything on the counter and suddenly the amber alert alarm went off. She look at the tv at the upper right of the cashier.

"FIND SHELTER THERE IS AN UNEXPECTED METEOR SHOWER OUTSIDE"

Jerry looked from the tv to outside when the big fire rock they call meteor hits the car next to the store. Her ears went blank and a high pitch ring forces her to hold on to her ears and forcefully shut her eyes as she crouch on the floor in front of the counter.

The glass of the front windows and doors were shattered on the floor. The Indian cashier man scurried off further down the store. Petrified and lost for words, Jerry stand there for a minute. I don't want to die why the heck and Am I still here.

Jerry run after the man and try to remember where he ran. Finally she reach the back, and she thought about her food and went back to get it.

Where the hell did they want us to find shelter we live in god damn Florida.

She decided to stay in the back and she closed the door. Breathing in and out heavily. She needed to call her mom anything can happen. She was scared for her safety.

"Jerry! Jerry!" She felt shaking on her legs and the dream slowly fades away and she opens her eyes and see her dad standing at the foot of her bed.

"Bro you gotta get up your gonna be late" he says before he starts picking up clothing and whatnots from the floor and putting them back where they belong.

Gerald Antoine Carriel aka Jerry's father is what you would called a househusband. Mom probably went to work early this morning so she's probably come back early.

"Dad can I stay home today please I don't want to go to school?" I whined as I do my morning stretch.

He turned around and gave me a big sarcastic smile and replied "YES" knowing he's joking I start getting ready for school