starting point

so this is where we begin.

the first time he learns of her existence is through an lg commercial. it had been a normal and mundane day. taehyung occupied the living room with jimin and jungkook as they watched running man to pass the afternoon away.

when the commercial comes on, he notes how nice her smile was. natural looking and not at all forced or plastic like the ones he usually sees on other models. her's was more pleasant to look at, and she had a face made and built for attention.

in his head, the words "she's pretty" flash momentarily. then the commercial ends and taehyung doesn't really think of her again.

yg debuted a new girl group, and their tracks were sick to be fairly honest. everyone was really into it, most notably taehyung.

he'd watch the videos to learn the moves, danced to it during breaks, belt out the lyrics at the most random times and listen to it while playing video games to hype him up. he even infected jungkook and namjoon.

they're not at all like 2ne1, but they were cool and different and taehyung thinks he'll like their future music as well and maybe them as a group in general.

he doesn't even realize that blackpink's kim jisoo is the model in that one lg commercial from last year.

year-end music award shows were always somewhat a pain. he didn't want to be rude or anything, but sitting there for hours on end and watching performance after performance and listening to speech after speech was all in all exhausting. 

he was just being completely honest. taehyung is not, if anything, a liar. 

although, maybe award shows did have its perks. meeting up with his friends and interacting with celebrities he looked up to since he was younger and talking to them backstage was always something he looked forward to. and also the fans of course.

taehyung walked through the backstage halls of the melon music awards. the show would start in less than thirty minutes so he had to go and pee. he couldn't hold it any longer.

out of order. sorry for the inconvenience.

it was like his soul left his body for a few seconds after his brain began to register the words printed on the sign. he tried to push the door open but it was locked, and he felt even more helpless. he contemplated on going to the other rest room, but it was on the other side of the venue and he'd have probably peed his pants by then.

his eyes lingered on the female toilets. he was beginning to get fidgety, hoping on one leg back and forth as he tried to hold it in for a little while longer. he looked from left to right to see if anybody was coming. even though nobody was around to see him, it still felt weird and wrong but he felt like he didn't have any other choice.

as he hesitated, a voice startled him from behind.