meet me halfway

here we are now.

the experience was once in a lifetime for them. taehyung couldn't sleep or eat even if he wanted to. they all worked themselves to the bone for this opportunity and now that it was here, they couldn't let it slip away. they sharpened their moves, practiced their singing and rap, stood in front of mirrors all day to conjure better expressions. they helped one another, hoseok constantly reminding seokjin to make bigger movements, namjoon helping out yoongi with his english diction, jungkook and jimin having one on one vocal lessons to improve their tones.

everyone was busy, taehyung most of all. the staff told him they got calls and emails from local magazines for photoshoots and interviews with him, but he declined for the sole reason that they wanted him only and not the whole group.

"you should've just said yes to at least one, you know." jimin told him one night while they're in his room playing xbox to relax themselves after another long day of interviews and performances and fan meets.

taehyung absentmindedly shrugs, his fingers busy fiddling with the controllers. "i'm not that interested right now."

"is that the same thing you said to jisoo?"

he acts lke he doesn't hear him, which was dumb since it was obvious he did. but taehyung chooses to ignore jimin's words for now.

he had other things he needed to focus on.

when the glitz and glamour of hollywood slowly faded and they flew back to south korea for a few days of rest, taehyung confines himself in his room thinking about how much of a jerk he must've been to her. it's been a while since he had last seen her, much more his last text to her but she still sent him texts of encouragement and even called him twice while he was in california.

taehyung feels like the bad guy. he's been lying on his bed, watching video clips of her in inkigayo and her vlives. she really knew how to put on a show. she smiled and laughed and stood out like usual. he scrolled through pictures from her solo shoot and feels his chest tighten a little out of guilt and shame.

he exits from the youtube app and decides to call her. but of course, she doesn't answer. he called her four times before he eventually gave up for the day. maybe she'll call him back later.

she didn't call him back at all.

he's called her the day after and also the day after that, but her phone was either always busy or out of coverage. taehyung wants to apologize for being a such a douche, for leaving her hanging all these months. he wanted to make up for it and the last option he had in reaching out to jisoo was nayeon. though the two of them weren't that close, nayeon knew of them because of seungcheol and gladly agreed to help out.

"they're at thailand," she had said when they met backstage during an awards show. it was that time of the year again. taehyung is especially sensitive these days since he keeps on thinking back to how they met a year ago. it was also during an awards show. "they're filming for their upcoming reality show."