Chapter 17

"My love for you is a journey; starting at forever ending at never" - Unknown

Listen to Trust my lonely by Alessia Cara

This chapter is dedicated to TlogelangLucrecia for being an amazing reader and for voting for each and every one of my chapters. Also a big thank you to everyone who took their time to read and vote on all my chapters I appreciate yall.

___________________________________

JAMES'S POV

Astrid's sweet lips move in sync with mine, making my heart race and igniting sparks on various parts of my body. I pull her closer and slide my hand down her back, I come to a halt when I realize how dangerously low I've gone. This is nothing like how I fantasized our first kiss would be like, its way better.

Her hands move to the back of my neck and she runs her fingers through my hair before pulling back to catch her breath. Her eyes remain closed and I take this opportunity to memorize each and every feature on her beautiful face.

As if the rain senses the mood, it comes to a stop. Astrid's hair is wet and instead of sticking to face her curls seem to have more volume and life, they gorgeously shape her face. My eyes move to her thick eyelashes and to her slightly swollen lips, I don't think I've ever seen anyone so beautiful and its like she doesn't even know.

When I drove down here my intentions were not to kiss her, I just wanted to see her and apologize for acting weird today but when I saw her walking up to me in the rain in those shorts with her hair untied. I just lost my shit.

I'm glad I kissed her because its all I've been thinking about ever since I met her but I had been afraid she wouldn't let me.

She finally opens her eyes and stares at me and all of a sudden I feel nervous.

"So that happened huh?" She says slowly as if unsure of what to say.

"Uh mmh y-yeah.." I say trying not to choke on my words,  unable to understand why I'm so nervous all of a sudden.

"I think we need to head upstairs and dry ourselves, since we are you know, wet." She says still looking into my eyes.

I try my hardest not to make a sly comment about the double meaning in that statement.

"Ummh no its okay, I'll just get going now, it stopped raining anyway." I find myself saying in one breath. The truth is I would've loved to go upstairs with her, but Im just not in the right state of mind and I don't trust myself to not be a perv right now.

Disappointment and hurt flashes through her eyes before she covers it up with a forced smile.

"Oh okay I'll see you tomorrow at college then" she says before she turns and walks away.

I remain rooted on the spot feeling like the worlds biggest douche bag.

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE and COMMENT.