Chapter 26

Lola's pov

That night I was restless! Partly because Austin's mom was so mean to me and partly because I had grown so accustomed to the way Austin felt next to me that I almost couldn't sleep! Not to mention the nightmares I've been getting! Maybe it's the feeling of being watched and hunted by a complete bitch that's getting me... Or maybe I'm just paranoid, I don't know.

Since Austin wasn't next to me, I had to video call him and figure out our outfits. He wanted to wear a black adidas baseball hat so I wore my white three stripes sneakers, black high waisted shorts and a neon pink halter neck wrap crop top. I was planning on stealing his cap later on in the day but since I would have a solid three to five hours, I had to at least make my face look good. So I did some neon green and pink eye makeup then paired it with some silver necklaces, body chains, and lots of rings. I straightened out my hair just to keep the attention towards my neon outfit then paired it with a neon green fanny pack. Not too much but still enough for a festival.

I was pretty excited to go today because I knew I would finally meet Austin's parents in a good setting! Not that I need to impress them or anything, I just don't want them to look at me the way they look at Lola. They should see the difference between us and that's all I want. "Daydreaming again? Tracy I know you've been at your boyfriends but at least act like you missed us!" My mum said with a sad expression on her face. As much as I had missed them, I wanted to be with Austin more! He needed me and I felt so bad for chickening out and I haven't stopped thinking about him since! What was he doing, were they driving him to his limits, were they actually good parents? I know his mom was terrible to me but I wonder if it was the same for him... "Uh hello! Am I talking to a wall here?"
"I'm sorry mom! I just-"
"We get it! You left sawyer's place when you know you shouldn't have! You've said it like a million times already!" My little sister, Tara said with an annoyed expression on her face. I had said it a lot.
"I know I'm sorry!" I hid my face in my hands careful not to mess up my makeup but to cover my shame! I wasn't doing them right! They were my family? Austin is just a boy. But is he though? Oh god!
"You'll be with him in a few minutes, just finish your breakfast and we'll drive you to your Prince Charming ok?"
"Shut up Tara! Look mum today it's just us! I came back to be with you guys and that's what's gonna happen!" Tara grunted at that statement as my mum just shook her head in disbelief.
"It doesn't feel like it Tracy.."

*

I tried my best to be in the moment and spend more of my time being present but I just couldn't! It's not because I'm obsessed with Austin or anything, it's because when I called him him he looked as if he hadn't had a single wink of sleep last night! The bags under his eyes were ridiculously visible, eyes red and puffy! Almost as if he was crying most of the night. And it just made me feel bad. That I actually had abandoned him when he needed me and now he's suffering for it! Maybe I was overthinking it.... Or maybe not?
"Tracy watch out!" Tara yelled before I walked straight into a tower of cans, making them fall in all directions. I wanted to stand up and brush it off and pretend it never happened especially because everybody was staring at me like a crazy person but I didn't.

I cried.

"I can't take it! I can't take it anymore!" I sat down amongst the stupid baked beans cans and started crying. Burying my face so that no one sees my ruined make up, I poured out all the feeling of regret and frustration I had piled up inside of me.
"Tracy what's wrong?" My mum asked coming to my aid.
"Yeah Tracy? Does it hurt?" Tara asked as well, being surprisingly concerned.
"You guys don't get it! But he's not ok! He's not!"
"Who's not ok Tracy?"
"Austin!"
"Ugh here we go again!"
"Tara not now!"
"His parents are back, and... And.. They're terrible! Remember that day I came home in the morning and I was crying? It was because of his mum! They hate me because I'm not rich!"
"But that shouldn't mean anything honey! I love you and that's all that matters ok?" My mum said pulling me into a hug.
"I know mum! And I love you too! I'm just worried about him! He hates them and they treat him badly as well! They're never around and when they do come they're complete assholes!-"
"Tracy!"
"I'm sorry it's just today I called him in the morning to plan our outfits and he looked like he didn't have any sleep and like he'd been crying and I just feel so bad because if I was there they wouldn't have done anything so bad that he would look so drained!" I continued my pathetic sobs and she just cradled me as I let it all out. Tara patted my back and did the best she could to comfort me. People passing by just looked at me with pity. If they only knew.