Leaving for London

A couple of months had passed and it was now June 2nd. I had packed my belongings and made myself ready for the long journey i am about to experience. I walk downstairs to tell my mom goodbye. I hug her and feel a tear fall on my shoulder.

''Aww mom, don't cry i'll be back soon. I'm finally going away from this shitty place mom.. I'll be finally doing what i've always wanted to do. Please don't cry, i'll call you everyday okay?''

She hugs me even tighter and nods.

''Okay Julia, please be careful and really don't forget to call me. I love you'' she says.

''I love you too mom.''

I walk out of the door and throw my stuff in the cab. When the taxi drives away i wave at her and she waves back with a proud smile on her face. I shed a tear and scroll through my pictures on my phone to get some distraction. It was quite warm in the taxi so i ask the driver to turn on some airconditioning. That's better.

---

After 2 hours of driving the cab pulls up to the ramp and i see the signs that have the names of the airlines on them. It was now 10am and my flight will leave in two hours. I get out of the cab and hand the driver some money. I make my way to the desk and nearly trip twice because i'm carrying so much luggage. The agent tells me what i have to do and takes my luggage that i won't carry on the plane. I keep one bag aside that has my phone, book, food and water in it. The woman hands me a boarding pass to London City airport and some baggage receipts just in case my bags get lost.

I proceed to the security with my bag and then i give them my ID and Boarding pass. They put my bag onto the X-ray and signed the boarding pass. I also have to take off my shoes, rings, belts and put my phone in one big bin that also goes through the X-ray.

Gosh do i really look like a freakin' thief...

I have no metal on me so i take back my stuff and make my way to my gate. I text my mom to tell her i have arrived at the airport and my flight will leave soon, and then take a seat to wait for boarding.

There's an old woman sitting across me with her grandchild, she is wearing a fancy big hat and a green coat. Nexto her there's a handsome dark-haired youngman on his phone taking selfies with the name of the airport behind him.

I wonder where he's from and where he's going to. I keep looking at him until he looks back but he doesn't. I turn my eyes back on the people that are walking past me and imagine stories about them in my head.

Maybe she's married and he just passed his exams. I bet she likes kinky sex and she went to prison. Lol he has funny hair. Hey is that Starbucks coffee? I go on like that for 20 minutes and find myself staring at the Starbucks coffeeshop. Mhmm i would actually fancy a creamy hot chocolate now...

I get up and walk my way to the coffeeshop where i wait for another 5 minutes in the queue to order.

''What would it be miss?''

''The Chocolat Dalmatain please.'' i say.

She hands me the hot chocolat and i walk back to my seat. Shit, what's that kid doing on my seat..?

''Hi there kiddo, that's my seat can u move please?''

''No.''

''C'mon there's another seat over there. Where's your mother?''

''No this is my seat now.''

I got annoyed and pulled a face at him, walked to the other seat where his mother went to sit right in front of my nose. ''Okay then..?'' i mumble, and walk over to an empty space by the wall to sit down.

I drink my Chocolat Dalmatain and make my way to the boarding place when they announce that my flight will leave soon and we all have to board to our seats.

I take my seat and after 20 minutes the plane takes off.

---

The hired cab took the last exit on the roundabout and i'm now facing SYCO Music building. My heart starts beating louder and my hands are getting sweaty.

''Is it here, sir?'' i ask the cabdriver when he stops.

''Yes ma'am, u can make yourself ready for your entrance and i wish you all the best.''

I get out of the cab, take my luggage and walk my way down the special red carpet into the building. While i'm looking around to find where i have to go, i see a handsome blonde guy wearing some ripped grey skinny jeans with a white t-shirt on top of it. He is standing in the corner of the hall waving at me.

I look at him in confusion and wonder where i recognize him from. He walks upto me with a smile on his face and gives me a warm cosy hug which makes me tingle a little inside.

''Heyy! You must be Julia?''