one

Saint's P.O.V

It was a chilly afternoon, perfect weather if you ask. Unfortunately, life has not been treating me very well. My best friend, Mean confessed his hidden feelings towards me. Of course, this was a shock to me. My best friend, my childhood was basically me being glued to him 24/7. Unfortunately, I can never repay his feelings.

The person I would blame is, Perth Tanapon, my 2 years long crush. Funny how he doesn't actually know I exist but yet I'm willing to not accept Mean's feeling because of him. He makes me feel things I never felt. My palm always gets sweaty, my heartbeat increases when he pushes his hair back. Every single thing that he does makes me want to melt into a puddle.

Argh, I just can't move on from how Mean confessed. Mean- a sweet, kind-hearted (sometimes), funny, trustworthy guy. We basically tell each other all our secrets but this idiot right here still insisted on confessing. He knows I like Perth. Well, like is an understatement.

Somehow, this grass feels more interesting now. Oh no, I've gathered a bunch of my fans here. No hate, but sometimes I just wish they would respect my privacy. They're even taking pictures while I'm just going for a walk. How is that interesting? Thanks to that, I'm out of the mess in my mind for now.

A small wave and smile would do the trick always. I knew it, squealing really loudly at the small action. This sure is funny. Walking away from the damp field, I quicken my pace and head to the cafeteria. It had everything, one of the reasons as to why I'm surviving college.

Phat kaphrao (Thai basil chicken) and pink milk will do for today. It is after all my favorite menu. Looking around, all seats are taken. Oh well, I walked to the furthest table, my favorite spot. If I wasn't awkward with Mean, he would already be sitting here with me but I'm stubborn as always.

I felt my phone buzzing from the pocket of my pants. Must be dad, I thought and I was right. Indeed it was my dad. He is a single dad, never knew, and don't want to know what happened to my mother. He's a great dad, but sometimes he's annoying. He's what I would say overprotective. With a heavy heart, I took out my Samsung Galaxy S20, "Dad" was clearly visible. With a sigh, I answered his call.

"Hey Son, how is school ?"

"Hi, Dad. It's been okay. What's the matter?"

"I was just worried about your safety after those fans tried to break into your house last night."

"Hahaha don't worry about it, Dad."

"No, I've asked a friend for help. His son would be your bodyguard."

"But dad-"

"His name is Perth Tanapon. I hope you understand that I'm only worried about you."

"W-wait dad -"

"I'll call you later to check up on things."

GOD DAMN! Why can't he listen to what I want to say? Thanks to my wonderful and amazing father, my day has become better. If you can't get it, it's sarcasm. Mean's confession, a bunch of crazy fans found out where I was staying and now the cherry on top the icing is Perth Tanapon, my 2 year-long crush now my bodyguard.

It did make me feel a little happy, knowing that he'll be by my side but I don't know how to act in front of him. How was I supposed to compose myself? All this is making me lose sanity. Sighing, I got up. No longer having the appetite to eat. With a frown, I left the food untouched and start walking towards the library.

At least, the library would be peaceful. What should I do if I meet him? I hope I don't start nonsense and scare the shit out of him. Wouldn't want him to think I'm weird in any way.