Chapter 16

Supergirl quickly arrived downtown and set Alex down. There was a wreck of crushed cars and rubble everywhere but the alien wasn't in sight.

"I'll fly around and scan the city with my x-ray vision." Supergirl flew off. She couldn't find the rogue alien anywhere. "Alex I can't find anything." Her super hearing caught cries coming from nearby. Using her x-ray vision once more, she saw a woman had her leg cought under a huge pile of concrete. She touched down and quickly made her way towards her.

She cleared the rubble off her leg and inspected it. "It broken." Supergirl said as she picked up the woman and flew her to a near by hospital. "This woman has a broken leg!" She shouted, getting the attention of the doctors and nurses who immediately responded and took her in.

"Thank you Supergirl!" She heard the woman call. Supergirl nodded with a smile before she flew off. "You got anything, Alex?"

"Negative. No signs of him anywhere." Supergirl felt her face go pale as her stomach twist and turned. She took a deep breath, trying to ease the nauseous feeling that waved over her. She landed on top of a random building to try and regain herself.

She convinced herself she was alright so she flew off to find the Alien. "Supergirl, I spotted the alien." Her sister said through her comms. "On my way." Supergirl used her enhanced hearing to locate where the alien could be. She heard all commotion going on from near by and dashed off.

She landed a few feet away from the alien. He noticed her appearance and swiftly moved towards her. Supergirl backed up a little before he stopped right in front of her.

"Hello Supergirl. I believe we have some unfinished business." Supergirl was ready to put up a fight when she saw the alien flinch, holding his arm. "I believe so do we." Alex stepped from behind him, holding her gun.

"Power dampening bullets. Courtesy of Winn Schott. Thanks buddy." Alex said through her comms. "You got it, Danvers." She heard Winn reply. Alex moved towards them but stopped when he picked up her sister by her throat. "One more move and I'll squeeze her guts out."

Anger boiled through Alex's blood as she saw her sister struggling to break free. "Put her down dipshit. Come for me instead." Supergirl's face was turning a dark shade of purple due to the lack of airflow in her lungs. "Alex, no." She choked out.

Alex shot another bullet onto his other arm. He cried out in pain as he dropped Supergirl and held his arm. Supergirl heaved, trying to catch her breath. Alex quickly ran to her sister's aid. She keeled down and placed her hand on her sister's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.

"You okay, babygirl?" Supergirl nodded, still panting. "I'm fine. Just get that son of a bitch." She said as she still tried to regain her steady breathing. Alex stood up before helping her sister up. That's when she felt something grab her and pull her away.

"ALEX!" Supergirl flew after them. She stopped in front of the alien. "Let. Her. Go." Her eyes started to heat up as she prepared strike him. He dropped Alex and made his way towards her. She hit him with her heat vision before throwing a swift punch, sending him flying backwards.

With every passing second the fight grew more intense. He grew angrier and angrier as he was now going full force. He pulled out a small chunk of kryptonite. Supergirl felt her power weaken. "You thought I forgot about this, didn't you?" He made his way towards Supergirl, once again lifting her up by her throat.

"Say goodbye." Supergirl squeezed her eyes shut but nothing happened when she heard three gunshots. She opened her eyes and saw the alien's dull eyes. She pulled away before his body fell to the ground.

Her eyes widened as she stepped backwards a bit. "Oh my Rao, you killed him." Alex stepped closer to her sister and gave her a tight hug. "Kara, It was him or you and I can't lose you, permanently this time." Kara's eyes started to fill with tears.

She picked up Alex and flew to the top of the CatCo building. Kara couldn't hold back her tears any longer as she fell to the floor and broke down. Alex quickly ran to her side and held her as she cried.

"Hey it's okay, babygirl. You're okay. I'm right here." Alex cooed as she held Kara close, rubbing her back soothingly. "It's over, Alex. It's finally over. Thank you." Alex held Kara tighter as she began to simmer down. Kara was no longer in danger. She was finally compleatly free.