Prologue

Close to the beginning of what the world would come to call those as Shinobi, there were twelve individuals who were chosen by a higher power. He granted them the power to take on the form of what their clans would be named after. Nezumi, Osuushi, Tora, Usagi, Ryū, Hebi, Uma, Hitsuji, Saru, Ondori, Inu and Inoshishi.

After being given their names, the twelve gave a name to the one who gave them their abilities. They have him the name ... God. And from that day on, 'God' loomed at the twelve like they were his own. To show his love, 'God' told the twelve to find those they find worthy of the same power.

For centuries, after the first twelve were chosen, the clans were thriving, living happily among one another. But something happened to cause the centuries of peace to break out into years of chaos and war. While some tries to regain the peace they once had, while the others embraced the chaos to see who was the strongest.

Once the fighting was done, four of the twelve clans had disappeared: Osuushi, Uma, Hitsuji and Inoshishi. 'God' became saddened with the lost of four clans, so he chose four more to take their place: Kitsune, Ningyo, Kuma and Kōmori. The four new clans took to their positions replacing the lost original four, and it seemed the balance of the twelve was restored, but something was amiss. A darkness is circling around the clans. The truth of what happened centuries ago comes to light, what happened to the lost four original clans is revealed, and the true mastermind who's been pulling the strings behind the scenes is unveiled.