Day 26.

Hailey's Pov.

 "We are gathered here today to remember the wonderful times, the not so wonderful times, the rough times, the beautiful time,...."

 How much longer can this guy talk for? And if you're wondering allow me to tell you where I'm currently at right now. If you haven't guess it already, were at my mom's funeral.

 And by 'were' I mean myself, my dad, Benny, with a police escort, Cory and a bunch of other people who have known my mother and has talked to her.

 People I haven't seen since I was like 8 are here to pay my mother some last respects. I even think her ex best friend from college is here too, I don't know much about her since my mother would never talk about her, but the info I've gotten from my dad tells me that they had some sort of falling out that was around some guy they both had liked in college and they never spoke again.

 Something about breaking the girl code, which to me is a load of crap, letting a guy ruin your friendship, that's ridiculous.

 Especially when they both knew each other from way back in kindergarten at the tender age of 5.

 And that's all I know of the story.

 This funeral director is taking what seems like a life time to finish the introduction to this funeral, people are all in tears and holding hands, hugging and comforting each other, while I'm sitting here completely numb to all feelings and feel like a robot.

 I don't know to feel at the moment.

 I don't know how to react to all of this.

 I don't even know if I should be reacting to all of this.

 I'm at my mothers funeral, if it wasn't for me I wouldn't even be sitting here, none of us would be actually. This is all my fault.

 All my fault.

 "Hey, why don't you stop thinking so much, we've been over this a billion times already, this isn't your fault, you did what you had to do." Cory leans over and whispers in my ear grabbing my hand and squeezing it ever so softly comforting me. I give him a confused look, how did he know what I was thinking, unless, I was speaking out loud.

 In a panic I quickly look around at the people who are seated around me and they all are listening to the guy up front speaking about my mother, so no one heard me after all. So I wasn't speaking out loud.

 "And I know because I know you Hailey." And he kisses my cheek and I blush and quickly look at the ground, I hear him chuckle softly and that makes me blush even harder. I decide to tune back into what this guy was saying.

 ".........she was a loving wife, mother, and a friend to many, she will never be forgotten. Let her spirit live on in each and every one of us a different way, and let her memory forever continue on in our hearts. Now we should start the speeches for anyone who has something to they would like to say, would anyone like to say a few words?" He ask's everyone and Benny raises his hand and say's 'I do.' Everyone looks at him, he clears his throat, 'I have a few words I'd like to say.' And with the police escort he makes his way up to the front next to the casket where my mother lays dead in here wedding dress. 

 She had said once she dies she wants to be buried in her wedding dress, so we honored that wish, it was the least I could do after what I did to her.

 Once he reaches the podium he clears his throat and begins his speech. Followed by many others, this is going to be one long funeral.

 ".....Carrie was a wonderful person. Uh-when she wanted to be. She worked hard and did what she had to do to make her dreams a reality. Some day's were better than others, she had me hold onto so many secrets, and I'm just glad they're finally all out in the open now, no more hiding anything.