Prologue

The marble numbed my fet as I pushed myself out of bed. LIght from the torches outside the room flooded through small cracks. I walked the short distance to the door and paused to make sure no one was walking the halls. After confirming that the hallway outside was empty, I slowly pushed the latch open and pulled the door, letting light illuminate the features of my room. I peeked around the corner then stepped into the hallway and inched the door closed quietly behind me. I walked down the cold stone hallway and turned to a stairway to the left leading down. Halfway to the bottom I stopped, reaching to the right, sliding my fingertips behind one of the entricate tapestrys before sliding behind it. There was a quick flight of stairs down before I reached a circular room. A pool of water lay in the center, it's waves rippling slowly, which seemed odd considering the lack of wind, whispering voices echoed quiety through the empty room. "I'll be safe" I tried to reasure myself, "this is for the best." I took a step towards the pool but paused and prayed that my sacrifice would end the war. I continued to the water, stopping at the edge. I took a deep breath before slowly dipping my foot into the pool, it all went dark.

______

Hi, so here we are, the start of a new story. Hopefully this one will go better than the last :). Sorry to anyone who likes quick updates, I'm not one of those people. I'm going to try to update every couple weeks and hopefully at least every month. I hope you guys will stick with me. I have a couple chapters written out so those might be a bit quicker. A big thanks to all you guys and thanks to my friend Kat (the_cake_is_a_liiee) as you guys give me initiative to keep writing and she gives me constant support and helps write my stories. Thanks again and enjoy the story.