Ambushes and Adrenaline

-LOGAN-

My heart raced in my chest and a warm feeling flooded over my body as Caroline's fingers ran along the nape of my neck while our lips collided and my body pressed into hers with increasing desire.

I had a million thoughts floating around in the back of my head, but for the moment, I ignored them all and focused all my attention on her and how good I felt for the first time in a long time.

"You want to slow down there, Eagle?" She whispered against my lips as I trailed my fingertips underneath the towel that was wrapped around her body to separate us.

"Not particularly, no," I shook my head and kissed along her jawline which elicited a soft hum from her lips.

"Logan," she breathed as her free hand rested on my left shoulder before her eyes opened suddenly and she glanced at it. "Sorry, your shoulder."

"It's fine."

"Is it?" she arched a curious eyebrow.

"It is, baby," I said as I laid her back on her bed and smiled down at her before I reconnected my lips to hers and felt all the blood in my body rush to my core. I was trying to control myself, I really was, but hanging out all alone in Caroline's room after an intense meeting and workout session with my Coach wasn't exactly taking an edge off the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

She was always beautiful, but she looked even more beautiful now with flushed cheeks and water droplets decorating her face from our separate showers. My imagination was fixated on finding out what exactly was underneath her towel and hearing her hum for me just a little more.

"But how?"

"How what?" I murmured against her mouth.

"How is it fine? Not even a week ago it was still swollen and red and you could barely lift weights and then today—" she started and I groaned.

"Are we back to this, Care? Really? I thought we discussed this. I promised you I'd stick to the doctor's regimen for the pain pills and find alternative ways to work through my injury and that's what I did. Do you not believe me?"

"I do, Logan, I guess, I just, it's a big improvement, that's all."

"It's not that big," I mulled. "You heard my coach. He doesn't think I'm in the running to get drafted to the majors anymore. My big shot now is college. If I screw that—" I started and then shook my head. "I can't screw this up, Care. I can't. College recruiting is even sooner than the majors. Guys are already unofficially committing and I'm way behind the ball because I thought I was a sure shot for the majors and then I gave up and now I've got to get my head on straight. Official signings start in November. That's less than five months away and I'm just hoping colleges haven't filled their rosters already. It'll be even more of a squeeze to try to get recruited by a local school that has a good nursing program for you."

A slight blush came to her cheeks, "You're considering me in your plans?"

"Of course I am," I gazed into her pretty hazel. "You said you want to study nursing right?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I don't think I want to go to school for quite as long as my dad did, but I'd like to be in health care and talking to Marilyn, I think nursing would be a good fit for me. I think it's really great she could balance her job and still be there for Michelle so much. I could see myself as a pediatric nurse practitioner or a nurse anesthetist, something like that, but that's just me talking. You don't have to figure me into your plans. I mean we don't have to go to the same school."

"But it'd be nice, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah," Her cheeks reddened a little more. "It would be nice. But what do you want to study? You have to find a school that has that too."