CHAPTER ONE

Ryder was grabbing more boxes from the truck as she brought them on the porch, she sent her dad a smile as he continued to bring her things inside his new house with his new wife Tiffany, and her new sister Mikalya. She grabbed the box from the trunk and set this one inside of the house into her new room, her dad quickly went to go outside to check the mail, he has been waiting on a surprise package for his daughter and he knew it was going to make her feel right at home with her new family. A teen walked up to the residence and took a glance around the yard, and looked a bit concerned.

"Hey, Mr. Parker! What is with all the boxes? Don't tell me you are moving.'' 

Mr. Parker looked to see back to his babysitter for Mikalya, Drew Argent. Usually, the young man babysat when he and Tiffany worked overnight or had their usual date night, he was a genuine person who cared for his younger daughter. 

"No, we aren't moving, my oldest daughter is living with me now so we are just getting her settled in.'' He explained to the young man before him. 

"Wait, you have another daughter?" He asked. before he could answer he looked towards the door to see her coming out with a small box in her hand. She sent a small wave her fathers way before coming down the driveway towards the mailbox.

"Hey dad, I think I found what you were looking for, who are you?'' She asked with a raised brow, He looked up at her and shot out his hand. 

"I am Drew Argent, I babysit for your dad now and then for Mikalya when they need me.'' She shook his hand, "That's nice, I'm Ryder Parker.''

Before the conversation can continue any further, Mikalya came running towards us full speed jumping onto Ryder's back."Ryder!'' The ten-year-old screeched. "I thought you wouldn't be here until tomorrow, I missed you.'' 

 "I missed you too, kiddo.'' Ryder had the brightest smile on her face seeing the other girl. Her dad took a step back and couldn't help but grin at the sight between his girls, Tiffany soon came out afterward to properly greet Drew with a hug.  Ryder's father took Mikalya from Ryder's back and into his arms, her dad bid Drew farewell while the two teens remained at the end of the sidewalk.

"So, what grade are you in? If you don't mind me asking.'' He spoke a bit too quickly that Ryder almost didn't catch a word of what he said. 

"I am a Junior in high school, I am assuming you are as well.'' She responded to him, Drew shook his head at her correct assumption. "I will be attending  Emerald Lake High.''

"That's cool, I am also a student at ELH, how are you liking it out here so far?'' He continued to make conversation because he knew exactly what it felt like to be the new person in town and start over. 

"I am adjusting to it, California is beautiful. I am just enjoying the free day I have before I start school tomorrow, you know?'' She asked folding her arms, from what Drew observed, She was about 5'8, light skin tone, she had a small tattoo on her finger that you would miss if you weren't paying close attention. She seemed a bit closed off, but he was looking forward to finally making a new friend. Before the conversation could go any further, her father quickly called her inside to help with dinner.

"It was nice meeting you, Drew. I will hopefully be seeing you around more often.'' She said, sending him a small nod and wave. Drew smiled, got back into his car, and went on his way home to finally get started on his AP English packet he had gotten two days prior.