Chapter 12-The second tragedy

Maranda's POV

"Where in the hell were you!?" He shouted at me as soon as I walked in.

"I'm sorry, babe, we were swimming and lost track of time." I answered, avoiding eye contact with him.

"You were freaking swimming together!? Was there anyone else in the pool with you guys?" He interrogated me.

"No, but we didn't do anything bad." I responded, still avoiding his menacing glare.

"Then look me in the eyes and tell me you were at the pool and lost track of time." He said, knowing I am horrible at lying.

"We lost track of time because we were swimming and we didn't do anything bad." I said as I focused my eyes on his forehead.

"My eyes, not my forehead." He said, but this time with a sympathetic tone in his voice.

"I can't." I spoke in such a quiet voice, I wasn't sure if he even heard me.

"What do you mean you CAN'T?!" He asked, the anger returning into his voice.

"I'm sorry, now can we please talk about this tomorrow?" I asked with an apologetic smile.

"No. Were not going to move from this couch, until you tell me what really happened." He said, sitting us down on the couch.

I sighed, knowing I wouldn't win this battle.

"Fine." I said. "But you have to let me explain the whole story, and my reasoning behind it before you go screaming at me and breaking my heart and possibly Clay's face. Okay?" I asked.

He just nodded.

"So, we may or may not have seen each other naked. And I may or may not have been playing with his little friend. But I was only playing with it because I had to pee and he wouldn't get off the toilet." I said, finishing my reasoning and the explanation.

"You, my friend, are no longer in a relationship." He calmly stated, before getting up and trotting upstairs to his bedroom.

"Well, fine then!" I huffed, with tears brimming my eyes. "I already said that I was sorry, but if you can't forgive me, then why should I even be living!" I shouted that last part louder, purposefully meaning for him to hear me.

I started to full on cry now, my body literally shaking with sobs. I had no intentions of keeping quiet, considering I just had my heart broken, and the worst part is, is that I was the one who broke it.