Not an innocent deal 😏

The bell rang as the grumpy professor ended his last lesson for the day and most of your classmates walked out of the room immediately, except some of the girls who chatted with the new teacher for a moment with chuckles and giggles they give him from time to time which you rolled your eyes and scooted your backpack on your shoulder.

"Ms. Lodge. A word for a moment please." The grumpy professor called but his eyes are on the paper he is writing something on.

You sighed and rolled your eyes before going in front of his desk. "Yes, professor?" You held both of your backpack straps and you give the grumpy professor an innocent smile when his eyes met your smiley face.

He sighed in exasperation "how many times have you taken this subject?" Entertwining his fingers as he rested his chin above it.

"Uh... Three?" You answered. He just nodded and he looked back again to the paper that looks like a record paper.

"Well... The summer session for this class  will almost end and yet-" he looked at your grades and took out a long breath. "You still can't get into a passing grade. How do you think will you do to keep your grades up? Just for this summer class."

"Professor Yoo." You began to talk. You never called him that for too long, all you address him was ' the grumpy professor ' and you even forgot his first name. But, today he looked at you with pure disappointment in his eyes and the way he sighed like he is so done with your face every time he enters into this summer class and all he see is you, again and again.

"Actually, I don't know how. I just.. I just don't seem to get anything what you say right away, even though how hard I tried to listen to you." You paused for a moment. "I swear, I-I am listening to your lessons every damn time bu-"

"Language" he cuts you off.

"Sorry sir." You answered back. "But my mind seems to not cooperate well with scientific stuffs." You gave him an awkward smile and you looked at him with your eyes doe and your lips half pouting. He sighed in defeat and run his hand through his hair, slightly rubbing it.

"Okay. Let's have a deal. If you can make this grade even into the slightest percent into passing, I will consider it a passing score and convert it. But, If you can't make it then, you have no choice but to go back in this class for the 4th time next year. Clear?" He extended his arm for closure of the deal.

You exhaled "deal, sir."

---------

You walked out of the library with a handful chemistry textbook in your hand. Stupidity of choices rushed into yourself in one strike that made you groaned in frustration and throw a fist in the air while walking through the 3rd floor corridor alone. It's almost dawn now and the students in the school slowly decreasing as they go out of the campus, heading to their homes. There are still students who are studying in the room which they are the regular ones who stays up late to study stuff in advance for the upcoming school year.

As you turned left on the corridor, you bumped into someone which caused your textbooks to scatter on the floor.

"Oh, I am so sorry I didn't see you." You apologetically said as you gather your books and grabbed the last one he hand out to you.

"Isn't your class ended hours ago? Why are you still here?" A familiar voice said and looked at him, giving you a half smile.

Him. Your new chemistry teacher. Your lips slightly opened, ready to explain but it seems the words can't fall out.

He let out a low laugh. His eyes pursed slightly together and his lip widely parted revealing his white perfect teeth. "Pressured about the grades?" He tilted his head, waiting for you to answer.

Gosh, he is so hot your mind keep ringing into your thought as you felt hot all of the sudden turning your cheek into faded pink. But thank goodness it is dawn and the color of red,orange and voilet sky makes the corridor a little darker. "Y-yeah. Kinda." You stuttered.

"I'll help you." He said. Making you blinked twice and you flashed him a confuse look.

"What?"

"I will help you." He repeated, but clear and slow this time making your eyes wide and smiled at him widely."Really?" Then, you gripped your textbook tightly around your arms.

"Yes. But I have a deal too." He said. Putting his hands inside his pockets.

"What is it?" You eagerly asked .

"But, I'll make something clear to you-" he slowly walked to you as he slowly closing the gap between the both of  you, your heart paced and you gulped as the heat starts to dominate up to your cheeks. "If you don't. Mind?" The right side of his lip turned up and looked at you with a dark gaze.

"Wh-what i-is it , teacher?"

"My deal. Is not an innocent deal." He said. Almost whispering it. He winked at you "better be at my office after the class on Monday and we'll talk." He added. Almost brushing his lip into your ears.

"Y-yes, teacher."