THE STRUGGLE

I just have to let you know that one major thing I battled with while in secondary school was self-esteem.
Upon gaining admission into Secondary school, I read in the brochure of the school that every student owed it to themselves to do something good to single them out or better still, bring the school to limelight.
I really wanted the former, I could do something good anyways - 'snitching'. I started fishing out bad eggs in the school and walked directly to the principal's office to report them.
This single act made my classmates detest me and wanted me to keep a distance, they all felt I was evil and meant evil. But the truth was no one had seen what I saw; they might have seen this in the long run, but really never paid attention to it.
I had that aspect of my life to deal with and there was really no one to talk to about it. My mother tried her best by constantly defending me from their hands but a foundation had already been established.
Life wasn't made easier for me as I had to battle with having a short hair, I felt I was the ugliest in my class. In the real sense, I really was! There were instances were my classmates had taken several pictures together but I never noticed I didn't appear in them till I became an undergraduate.
It was Thursday, the usual day for Throw Back Thursday, #TBT on social media. Prior to that day, I had asked my classmates for the pictures they had of me either personal or with them. No one had my picture except one fortunate guy who had photo shopped my picture with that of a goat and funny enough, he had delight in sending it!
I had to talk to myself. I couldn't allow my past with my classmates destroy my present with my course mates. I had a choice to make! I picked up my mirror and spoke to myself for hours underlining one basic point; 'I was the most beautiful in the world.'
My perspective about other things that mattered in life actually changed when my perspective about myself changed. At the end of the day, the freedom we actually need is from ourselves!