'Look For Me'

Taehyung was very young when the dreams started; in starting they were just blurry images but as his understanding grew he could decipher them and can see them clearly, they were not just dreams but the fragments of memories of the two people madly in love, their bickering, their strong bonding, it was so beautiful that it calmed him, made him sleep well but how it ended made him wake up in the nights abruptly in fear each time, it was a regular occurrence, his family consulted various doctors while he was still young and whatever the doctor and they discussed was still secret to them all he knows was they looked at him in pity, said the same thing each time “you will be fine, it is okay”. Taehyung now at the age of 22 is still waiting for the time when it will be okay, he is a college student now, majoring in photography, he is used to the dreams now, they are more clear to him like watching a movie, he cried for several days when he was able to understand them clearly and when his doctor told the reason for the dreams, now there is only longing no pain, he feels the person in his dream is waiting for him somewhere and will meet him soon, this made him not take interest in any person.

His childhood friend Jimin, a very understanding and handsome boy, who knew about all this tried to fix dates for him seeing him lonely but each time they ended up in him having thinking of only one person his ‘Hyun Bin’ with doe eyes, bunny smile, straight dark hair, and innocent and soft features with a low temperament, ready to fight. It was on Jimin’s constant request that Taehyung went on one of those dates, he wore simple clothes black slacks with a green pullover, according to Jimin he could carry anything gracefully, his sharp features, his eyes and lips enhances his beauty, he was quite famous in his department among girls and boys but to their bad luck he didn’t pay much attention to any of them just focused on his work. Chin-Hwa, a classmate of Jimin who saw Taehyung frequently while the two friends meet each other for lunch was very much interested in him, he asked Jimin to fix a date with his friend, though Jimin told him Taehyung would reject him but Chin-Hwa was determined, Jimin thought of giving him a chance, he was a lovely and outward person, was good in sports and quite rich. Taehyung agreed to the request but on a condition to meet at a coffee shop and not some fancy restaurant, and so there he was sitting with Jimin’s classmate who was telling him about his experiences in college. He was really talkative and cheerful, Taehyung liked it, didn’t need to initiate the conversation as the other was good at it, he patiently listened to Hwa’s childhood stories enjoyed some of it when it sounded quite similar to his own and he couldn’t focus any longer mind going to the memory of his first encounter with Hyun Bin. It was not long before, just in 80’s when the teenagers were more into rock bands, people were becoming more industrialized, technology was finding its way among people, an era of long hair and extreme fashion.

He was in high school, head boy of school and had quite image among students and teachers, he had a wavy mullet, they wore paints above waist and cardigan, their school uniform. The school was over and they were discussing about the collection of money to buy album, all quite occupied, still in the campus grounds. An angry shout of his name made him and his friends turn to the person who called him.

Seung-ho” he narrows his eyes, looking for the source.

There comes his junior, taking angry steps towards him, while one of the friends of the boy was trying to stop him, but the boy was fuming and pushes his friend aside stopping just in front of him.

Taehyung or Seungho still calm just looked at him while two of his friends tries to guard him standing before him to deal with the boy, this didn’t made the angry boy waver, he scoffs looking angrily at Seungho.

“Yes, that’s me” is all Seungho says provoking the boy making his group laugh. The boy was seething now.

“Trying to show off aren’t you?” the junior hisses. Seungho gestures his friends to move back facing the boy directly.