Chapter 3- Part 1: How I Met My Brother

LEVI P.O.V.

"What!?" Nate and I say in a unison. I got tired of eavesdropping and wanted some answers from my aunt.

I walk up to my aunt angrily. "What do you mean we're not human!?", I ask angrily.

"What are you guys then?" asks Nate.

My aunt begins to sob, but I didn't care at the moment, I wanted answers.

"Stop crying and tell me already!!"

But she just continues to cry.. so that's when I had it.

I grab her wrists tightly. "Tell me! What am I?", I say gritting my teeth, with me only gripping her wrists tighter.

"Ow... let go of me Levi!" she says in pain.

I then feel a hand being put on my shoulder, it was Nate's.

"Let go of her Levi", says Nate calmly.

I could see the worry in his eyes...

I let go and sit down on the couch. I begin to tighten my fist.

"We're vampires... OK! We're vampires!" screams my aunt, only sobbing harder.

My eyes widen.

"What... No!", I say as tears start to form in my eyes.

I get off the couch and leave the house slamming the door.

I run away to where I can be alone.

Because that is all I feel right now...

Alone.

My whole life has been a lie...

NATE P.O.V.

I couldn't believe this. My best friend was a vampire...

I didn't know if I was excited for Levi or felt bad...

I've been his best friend for ten years. I wanted to be angry at him for not telling me, but he didn't know either...

Laurel was still crying. Seeing her cry put a frown on my face.

I walked up to the couch she was sitting on and crouch down in front of her.

"I'm so sorry Nate... I should have told him sooner", she said.

I put my hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "It's ok... i'll be back, i'm gonna go after him", I say.

She wipes her tears away and hugs me and kisses my cheek.

I feel myself start to blush a little but I just try to play it as nothing.

Like ok I may have a small crush on Levi's aunt but like hey, who wouldn't?

She lets me go and i walk towards the door.

I open the door and then she says, "Thank you Nate... Bring him home safe please."

I look back at her and smile. "You got it!", I run out of the house and begin to look for Levi.

~~~

While I'm running looking around for Levi, I start to remember the memories of us as kids.

We've always been brothers since the first time we met.

I've always had to pick after him when he gets into trouble but I still love him though.

We met when we were just kids, I remember trying to defend my uncle from some burglars, I was only 6 at the time but I was still able to manage.

Right when was about to get hit by one of them, Levi came and jumped onto his back and stabbed his eyes with his fingers.

Then he took the burglar's blade and cut the other burglar's leg with it.

I still laugh about it sometimes cause just thinking that a 5 year old could be this violent but yet strong could take out 2 grown men.

After that we started hanging out and became best friends.

~~~

I turned the corner and looked into an alleyway. Then I saw someone laying on the floor and released who it was...

"Levi!!"