Recollections

Haha okay this is short, and it kinda sucks, but I was bored guys.

Everything was still. It was 3 in the morning, and the only noise Alex Gaskarth could hear was the sound of the clock, ticking away the last few hours he had with the man he loved. Usually the hospital didn't allow guests to stay over night, but they knew Jack didn't have much time left. He had been in a coma for nearly 3 weeks now, after being hit by a bus on his way to work. He was a teacher. He loved everything about his job, but his favourite thing was riding his bike there. He enjoyed the peaceful ride to work every morning, and how the cold air nipped at his cheeks. But that day, Alex and him had been arguing. Alex didn't even remember what it was about, he just remembered Jack leaving in a rush, and getting that phone call just hours later that tore his heart right out of his chest and dropped him to his knees. The driver hadn't even stopped. But none of that mattered anymore. Alex was over his need for revenge. Slowly he got up from his chair and made his way over to the younger male. He knelt down on his knees, making his eyes level with Jack's. He grabbed the boys hand tenderly. A tear rolled down his face as he began to speak.

"Jack, I know you can hear me. I know you can. And I need you to listen. Just for a second okay. I know you're holding on for me, I know you don't want to give up, but Jack darling you have to. Your time here is over. You're needed somewhere else. Haha wow I sound so cliche" He chuckled meekly, "I miss you Jack. I always will. You changed my life. You changed me. You gave me exactly what I needed to realize who I am, who I want to be, and where I want to go. You opened my eyes to a world that I never thought I would see. But you've done what you were meant to do I guess. We've had some good times though, right? Remember the first time we met? It was the middle of English class in the 11th grade. You were new to the school, but I had already been there for a few years. I was sitting alone, right at the very back of the room. I had my headphones in so I almost didn't notice when the principle walked you into the class and introduced you."

"Hello students, I'm going to need your attention for just a few minutes. Ehem? Thank you. This is Jack, Jack Barakat. He just moved here from Canada. I assume you will treat him with respect?" Mrs. Kilgon said, before turning fast on her heel and leaving Jack to awkwardly walk to an open desk.

"Oh Jack, there's a seat there by Alex at the back. Don't worry, he won't bite." The teacher laughed as Jack made his way past the curious stares of his new classmates. He made it to the back and sat down, giving a shy smile to the boy beside him when he had finally looked up from his work.

"Hey, I'm Alex." The boy whispered, sticking out his hand. Jack accepted the gesture.

"Jack." He mumbled in response.

"Yeah I know, the teacher just said that you dumb fuck." Alex laugh, causing Jack to blush a bright crimson. "I'm kidding man no worries." 

"Oh." He said quietly. His social anxiety wouldn't let up. He wanted to be Alex's friend. He wanted to start over in this new school, and maybe have an actual social life. But nope, it looked as though that was never going to happen. Alex could sense his uncomfortableness though, and he did his best to fix it. There was just something about this new boy that attracted him. But not in a gay way. No, Alex wasn't gay. But he did feel a sort of kinship with this Jack kid.

"You're shy eh? Don't worry about it. We can still hang out at lunch. Consider me your tour guide." Alex winked, causing the boy to blush once again. He couldn't believe his luck. A cute guy like Alex was willing to put in the effort with a troll like him. Maybe he was gay? No, no that was pushing it. He was getting lucky, but he doubted he would get that lucky. Being friends was more than he had expected.