ONE (edited)

A/N

If you didn't know, I am rewriting/ editing the chapters because I wasn't satisfied with how it turned out so here is the first chapter again which I think is much better.

Thanks for over 700 reads also! You guys are truly the best!

Here's the first chapter!

~~~

Beep..Beep..Beep

Marinette woke up and noticed that it was still quite dark outside. She checked the time to see that it was 5:30am.

'Omg. I set the wrong time on my alarm' she thought.

She couldn't get back to sleep even if she tried so she decided to go for a morning run like she usually did when she set the wrong time on her alarm. Mari got dressed into a matching pair of Nike leggings and windbreaker since it was autumn season.

She didn't bother checking if her parents were awake yet because she knew that they were still sound asleep. So she filled up a bottle of water and headed out for a run thinking that she would be one of the only people to be awake at this time.

Mari reached the end of the street, turned the corner but ended up colliding into someone else. She fell with a loud thud filling the empty streets. Marinette winced as she made contact with the floor and rubbed her hip to take some of the pain away.

'Who could honestly be awake at this time!?' She thought annoyed and when she looked up to check who it was she was met with a concerned pair of forest green eyes.

Adrien.

Yes, Mari liked him but she was too afraid to confess her feelings, afraid that she would lose him but little did she know that it was the same for the blonde model.

"OMG Mari you scared me to death!" Adrien exclaimed as he helped Marinette up. "Haha! Well, you know me clumsy as always!" They both laughed with each other as they remembered all the times of Marinette being her clumsy self.

"How come you're up so early? It's not like Marinette Dupain-Cheng to be up at 5:45am" He chuckled and sent a wink to the bluenette, who now had a faint splash of pink across her cheeks.

"Welllll...I may or may not have set the wrong time on my alarm." There was a moment of silence until it was engulfed with a loud laughter.

"Oh my! What are we ever going to do with you Miss Dupain-Cheng?" He said as he hooked his arm around her neck and messed up her hair. She slapped his arm away defensively. "Aye! Anything but the hair, mister." Marinette half-joked.

"And I don't know what you're going to do with me but you're gonna have to figure it out sooner or later because you're stuck with me for a long while, my friend." She continued and slapped the back of his head.

HARD.

"Ow! Oh you did not just do that Marinette Marie!" Adrien shouted playfully at the smirking bluenette as he rubbed the back of his pained head.

"Oh you better believe it Adrien James!" With that, the blonde grasped the raven haired girl by her waist and threw her over his shoulders. He began to aimlessly run through the empty streets of Paris. Marinette squealed in his ear, trying to make him drop her but no prevail, so she gave in and started laughing and soon Adrien joined her.

Before they knew it, Adrien had brought themselves to bakery and he let her off his shoulders. They made eye contact for a slight second until Marinette looked down at the floor and began twiddling with her fingers. "Thanks Adrien. I haven't had that much fun in a while." Mari shyly admitted as she stood on her tip toes and pecked his cheek.