Nighttime Paralysis

I ran right into a man. Right. Into his chest. I stumbled back with both hands over my mouth to stop me from screaming.

But his chest wasn't solid, it was like walking into spider webs.

It just gave away. Then it felt like the cobwebs were stuck all over me.

The house was black. I ran into my room threw the bedroom door closed as quickly and as quietly as possible and gripped the handle tight.

Waiting for something to happen. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

I slowly let it go.

I ran into bed in the dark. Pulled the covers over me and my head hit the pillow.

I breathed and began to doze off finally. Ignoring the picture the dark makes in my eyes. Trying to anyway.

Until someone began knocking. Again.

I went absolutely still. Like stone. And whatever it was. Whoever it was. They just kept knocking.

Then they stopped and I listened to boot scuffs on the floor inside my room. My door was open.

He paced my room and occasionally the hallway.

Once he went outside to the hall I snuck out of bed shaking. I reached to shut the door but my hand couldn't grasp it. It was like mist.

So I had to stand there and stare at him. In the hallway.

I don't know how long I stood their for. But I know I eventually ran into bed. Curled into a corner. Put headphones in.

To try and block the sounds.

But nothing worked.

So I refused to sleep.