Why olicity should be endgame.

I'm an unapologetic crazy fangirl.

People may tell me that the characters onscreen are fictional,but seriously I don't care.

Once I accept them in my life I care about them and their journey as I would a friend or even family.

Thankfully in the times of tumblr etc we fangirls no longer feel isolated.

We are a community.

Thus I realise that there are people like me in the world to whom a characters organic journey from pilot to finale matters.

Therefore,this article.

Currently one of the shows(there are so many) I'm crazy about is arrow.

Now though the stunts,the writing and the storytelling is exceptional...its also olicity or as the non fangirls would describe it,the relationship between two characters on the show,namely Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen that hooks me.

Felicity's character was supposed to be a 2 minute guest appearance with the possibility of recurrence. Its a testament to Emily Bett Rickards talent that she turned that into a series regular spot. Though I'd like to credit only her talent...I must say it was also the flash(no pun intended) of chemistry that the two characters showed in those few seconds of screentime as well as the lack of chemistry thereof with his actual lead Laurel Lance.(Laurel lovers chill,I'll explain myself:p).For those who do watch the show we know Olivers history with laurel is turbulent and convoluted to say the least,which along with the lack of chemistry led to viewers looking elsewhere to find Olivers otp.

Laurel is supposedly this badass lawyer who protects the defenseless and has a very black and white view of justice... so the fact that pre-island oliver not only cheated on her multiple times...but also cheated on her with her sister (ewww) should bother her way more.

Its inconsistent and inorganic to assume that laurel would forgive oliver off the bat...honestly as a viewer who has been through all that laurel has(the lady has been through some real tough shit) I don't think I'd want her to exist in such a toxic relationship with so much bad history... Its time for her to walk away and find her bliss,the way oliver has with Felicity.

The reality is simple...lauliver was doomed from the start...it was revealed on the show that oliver first showed romantic inclination towards Sarah but instead of being happy for her sister,laurel manages to nip that in the bud and establish her own relationship with him...isn't that a tad bit screwed up?

On the other hand,Felicity is the embodiment of what oliver needs...a smart,independent woman who gives as good as she gets...sure she's awkward and talks too fast... But she has never judged oliver unfairly and calls him out on stuff the way only a true friend can...inspite of severely crushing on him she remains dignified in the friendzone(a hero to us all) and never resorts to petty jealousy...all while being an integral part of team arrow...there is way too much water under the bridge when it comes to laurel or for that matter Sarah...too much of a past and way too many complications...with felicity he can be himself...the new oliver without any baggage...and she will accept him and push him towards being the best version of himself..and for her he'll want to be,which is why I want olicity. Because the green arrow deserves happiness...and his happiness lies with a certain blonde bitch with WiFi.