Chapter 16: Suffocation

"Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong."

During the 12 days of Mo Yuan's unconsciousness

After the discovery of her Shifu's grave injury, Bai Qian rushed over to Kunlun Mountain. Who knew she would be seeing her master's unconscious body once more. Strength depleted from her legs and she could not believe what her master had done.

Zhe Yan's report angered her even more so. Shifu had brought in another disciple, a female disciple?! And that female disciple took over her room?! Petty, Bai Qian wanted to choke him. How could he replace her room right before her delivery.

Shaking her head, the throbbing headache made her restless and tired. Ye Hua had banned her from using any powers as he alone assisted Zhe Yan. Like a child, Ye Hua reprimanded her for coming all the way to Kunlun Mountain when she was due anytime soon.

They had a little quarrel and made up. She started feeling contractions and was forced to return by Ye Hua until they bumped into the 18th disciple.

She had heard her softly called her Shifu's name. Presumptuous! How dare a disciple address their Shifu by his name?! She glances but then felt a wary atmosphere when she looked up at Ye Hua. He seems to be in pain as his onyx eyes darken and his brows narrowed.

Ye Hua turned around swiftly, gazing his black eyes at the disciple. Their gaze met and the disciple's expression was priceless. Bai Qian realized she was holding her breath when Ye Hua wrapped his arm around her waist and guided them out of there. She curiously glance at the disciple as her petite body was trembling with shock, her face sweated with tears and what was that she saw? Frustration?

"Ah Sheng..." the words slipped as they cloud jumped.

Bai Qian felt an electric zap rising around her waist as she glanced at her side. Ye Hua's body slumped over and clench his chest then his head. His body started burning at a hot temperature and he kept grasping the sides of his head, catching his breath as she aids him.

Guessing that the last five days of constant cultivation transfer had left him depleted, she carefully held him up. She hadn't seen him so exhausted since he usually hide it so well. Taking his hand, and sitting him on the bed, she caught sight of a beam of suppressed light. The black seal on his wrist glowed and engraved deeper. It finally struck her why he was in so much pain.

Gulping, Bai Qian's hand began to tremble.

***

Bai Qian couldn't sleep all night, even with the magically produced shades in the room, she was restless. Was it the contractions or was it her scrambled thoughts? She had bit her lips red and snuggled against Ye Hua anxiously. Jealousy inches in her face turned sour. Could she be the one that haunted Ye Hua's dreams? Could she be the one that threatened to turned their marriage upside down?!

Ye Hua had left in the morning when they were reported of Mo Yuan's consciousness but soon lost consciousness again.

Bai Qian dragged herself and tried to get those suspicions off her mind. Soon, she found herself walking to Zhuxian Terrace like she had been with Ye Hua to help her mentally recover. What struck her like a thousand arrows was the sight of the 18th disciple standing over Zhuxian Terrace. Her heart drop as her legs began to shake. Her chest heaved up and down, unevenly.

As soon as the disciple extended her hand toward the dark hole, something in Bai Qian screamed and she had cloud jumped, yanking the disciple from the hole and cloud jump them out of there with the suppression of the dark energy from Zhuxian Terrace.