Chapter: One

I have seen much in my career as a bounty hunter, but if someone told me that the job that I was about to take on was going to be my last, I would have laughed in their face, told them they were crazy. I had been a bounty hunter for a long while at that point, ever since my sister was ill and we needed more money. I had trained and honed my skills, learning from each mistake, each failure. Any way what else was I going to do after she passed away, it had been the worst years of my life trying to get enough for just her and I, even though it was all for naught.

Any way the day my life changed was like any of the other ones in my career, I went to the normal dead drop point and got the brief case filled with a picture and details of my next target. It tells me where he is going to be and at what time. Like the rest of my jobs there was a time limit since, like most people, the client couldn't stand looking at him anymore and wanted him to disappear as quickly as possible. This was also one of the few times that the target, Jim Horten was his name if I remember right, was going to be out of his compound.

Jim was the CEO of some fortune 500 company that ended up on the wrong end of some one from a multi billion dollar company that wanted the competition gone so they can sell some over product that they were going to sell at a higher price than Jim was, but that wasn't my problem. I only had to deal with the deal that I was apart of and get paid, that was it. Just a cog in some grand machine that would turn one way or the other, with or without me. They just wanted me because of my record that not many people were privy to, they had the money to look into a lot of things to see about what I was like to work with, and decided I was the best choice apparently.

So I went out to the spot the day before Jimmy was supposed to be their to scope out the area and found a good spot for over watch. I also had decided to plant some surprises for whoever he brought with him and camped there until the next day. Jimmy's body guards showed up to walk the area about an hour before the appointed time he was supposed to show up.

-----------------------------

Hello guys and  girls. I'm sorry it took me a while to write this chapter, but you know life has been a little crazy, but do not worry I will try to get the next chapter out in good time, but I am also seeing if I can't put out some quality work that most people will like. Please let me know if I'm doing well by liking the chapter or commenting on what might be done different. I am looking forward to some creative and constructive criticism.

Thank you all for your patience

-CJRogers06