The Reunion

I hearf soft knocks on my window just as I was about to close my eyes. Ugh,  what now? I'm too tired.

Nang makaalis na kasi yung maid ay nagpahinga ako saglit tapos ay inayos na yung mga gamit ko. Biglang pumunta si Rita Bubita at nag insist na magpatulong ako sa mga katulong, but I declined it. 

"COME IN!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. Even tho the room is sound prood I'm pretty sure she heard it.

Siguro kung mahirap kami baka nagpalengkera na ako.

Biglang pumasok ang isang maid "Ma'am nakahain na po ang dinner... " mahinang sabi nung maid.

Yeah that's right, fear me.

"I'm not in the mood to eat" I said not bothering to look at her. 

"Pero ma'am... " what she said next made me jump off my bed "...andyan na ho ang papa nyo"

"I'll be there in a minute" I told the maid and made her leave before I ran to my walk in closet and search for a decent dress to wear.

I really should've shop awhile ago. Ohmygosh all my dress are hideous my dad won't like this and this sho-

Wait a minute, what am I doing?  I should appear as what I am to my dad.

I really sound pathetic. It's like I'm begging for my own father's love, I mean I'm his daughter that should come out naturally right? But him sending me to states and never contacting me makes me think otherwise.

I even had this taught that he was dead because of his lack of presence in my whole 19 years of existence.

In the end I just wore a plain black dress with sleeves that just reach above my knee and my black flats. My make up when I arrived is already smeared all over my face from all the work I did so I applied a fresh new layer of lipgloss, some concealer and and a bit of blush on.

I looked at my reflection, I don't look like myself. I looked like little girl again, judging from my height and the fact that I'm not wearing any heels.

I let out sigh when I was infront of my door and my hands were shaking as I held the doorknob. I feel mixed emotions, scared, nervous and happy all at the same time.

But what's this that I'm feeling deep deep inside? It's the feeling I dont want to admit to myself,  I should just be happy that I'm finally reuniting with my father. But what's this hatred?  And anger I feel towards him?

I dont want to be mad at him, there's no time for that.  He finally let me stay here, with him, and that's all that matters

I can still remember the day when I received the greatest news of my life.

I was home from a friend's party,  I was earlier than the usual times. It wasn't that fun anyway,  and something inside me wants to just go home. Like something was waiting for me.

I parked my car infront of our house and threw the keys to the guard so he could park it on the garage.

I expect everyone to be asleep because it's already late, and by everyone I mean the maids, the only people I got as family. But I was shocked to see lights coming from the living room I thought some maids was just cleaning it so I walked pass the living room. But I saw yaya Wilma sitting on the couch holding something.

"Oh ya, ba't gising pa ho kayo? " I asked in tagalog since it's the house rule.

She looked up at me shocked, and what's that in her eyes? Shedded tears? Had she been crying or was it just my imagination? The alcochol sure is kicking in now.