13 - Road Trip

I smiled to myself as I looked out at the sunset, it was beautiful and unlike any sunset I had seen before. I let out a sigh of content before taking another photo on my camera. The reds and purples mixing together in the sky. It was just outstanding and so peaceful

"You coming down anytime soon?" I heard him ask, "I've started a fire."

"Got any marshmallows?" I asked with a smile plastered on my face as I turned around to Billie. There he was, in a blue and white striped top and grey shorts. His bleached blonde hair was poking out under his cap. He gave me a smile and rubbed the stubble growing on his face.

"Of course..." He told me. I let out a small  giggle and began to carefully climb down from where I was standing.

We decided to go on a small holiday, well sort of. A few days after the Halloween gig, I got a email from Muse's manager telling me that they have a gig in Las Vegas. He wanted me to some work at that gig. It was very random but this meant I could stay in California with Billie longer and could still do some work/see Muse. Plus I've never been to Las Vegas and sort of want to see what the fuss is about, it's not really my thing but I'd like to experience it.

When I told Billie, he suggested we made a small holiday out of it. Traveling in the newish van he had bought, camping along the way, stay in Vegas for a bit then camp on the way back.

I was really looking forward to it but also quite nervous. After that Halloween gig where he kissed me, sang that song and then we made out some more, it was different. In a really good way, but we didn't rush into anything. I still slept in the guest room and him in his room, apart from when we fell asleep on the sofa together. But now that we were doing this, we were sharing the bed in the back of the van.

"Got some good photos?" He asked as we walked back towards the van together.

"Oh yeah, it's so beautiful here! Thanks for bringing me." I said cheerfully.

"For ages I've wanted to bring you here!" He said excitedly then used a stick to poke the fire as I walked to the van. The back doors were wide open, revealing the bed Billie had made for us. It wasn't fancy but looked so comfy and homey.  I sat down on the edge and watched Billie get the marshmallows ready.

We had driven off road for a while so we'd be away from others, which made it more peaceful. But also slightly creepy, I've walked too many horror movies.

"Move over loser..." I mumbled as I nudged him. He chuckled and shuffled over slightly so I could sit next to him on the blanket.

"We're both losers." He chuckled and kissed my cheek before passing me a stick with a marshmallow attached to it.

"Speak for yourself." I giggled and winked at him before I started to roast it. He wrapped a arm around me as we roasted marshmallows together.

*****

"Can I turn back now?" Billie asked.

"No!" I yelled slightly as I was changing into my pyjamas, which were some black shorts and a Sex Pistols top.

We were now in the back of the van on the bed getting ready for bed. It was started to get cold when the fire was slowly going out so we got in the van. It was really cozy inside.

"Okay, you can now." I told him and he turned around and smiled at me. He crawled over to me slightly and pecked my lips gently.

"You're beautiful."

"Shut up..." I mumbled before giving him a small kiss. He chuckled as he pulled back and took his top off, not caring if I saw or not, to be honest I had seen him shirtless many times before.

"Y'know it's true though." He said as he took his jeans off and put them to the side before getting half under the covers with me. He was on his side facing me, with his elbow holding himself up.

"Hm..." I mumbled a bit and looked down.

"No matter what, that's what I think always." He gently took my hand in his.

"Billie," I started as he gently kissed the back of my hand, "sometimes, I feel pretty low and I don't really want to talk about it but I-" I moved my hand out of Billie's and rubbed my forehead thinking as I looked down.

"What hun?" He was now sat up properly facing me on the bed.

"I..." I then shake my head, "-I'm sorry, I don't want to ruin our trip." I let a small sigh out as I carried on looking down at the bed.

"Hey, if something is bothering you, I'd like to know and maybe I can help?" He gently took my hand in his again. I nodded slightly as I thought. I was more ashamed of this than when I had to tell him about what Evan did.

"I'm really nervous about taking my top off in front of you." I mumbled as I watched his thumb rub the back of my hand. I thought about it for a minute before I took a deep breath, pulling away my hand from his again and lifting up my top.

I was only showing my right side and a part of my stomach. I had scars scattered everywhere, I hadn't showed this part of me to anyone in years. Billie slowly lifted his hand and gently ran his fingers along some of the scars. I wiped my eyes slightly as he did.

"I still think you're beautiful," he looked up from the scars and stared into my eyes, "but hun, it looks like there's some recent cuts." He said worried.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry- I just, I don't know..." I mumbled as he brought me into a gentle hug. I tried to explain but I failed as I held onto him as he comforted me. We stayed like that for awhile, before laying down together and cuddling in bed.

"If you ever feel like doing that again, just talk to me, no matter when."

*****

I moved slightly as I started to wake up, I could hear Billie shuffling around in the bed. My eyes were still closed, wanting more sleep, but Billie's movements kept me awake. As I started to wake up more, the cold hit me and I instantly moved closer to Billie. He was laying on his stomach, his back was bare from the covers but still so warm. I snuggled close to him and laid my head against his back.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"Mm I'm cold..." I mumbled tired and turned my head to face towards his head. All I saw was the back of his head so I moved slightly and saw he was holding his phone up. "Are you taking a selfie?" I giggled as I moved a bit closer and rested my head against the back of his shoulder.

"Cute." He mumbled as he took the photo. He then turned his body around and wrapped his arm around me. He squeezed me and let a sigh out. I smiled slightly and moved up so I could gently peck his lips. This caused him do a goofy smile.

"You're nice and warm." I told him as I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck. He moved slightly, making sure the covers were covering us.

"Am I your personal heater?" He asked as he kissed my head.

"Yes."

(A/N What do you think?

Billie and Erin?

Anyone want to be a character in the book?

Also, there might be some smut in the next chapter ;)

Please vote and comment! ;D