16 - It Troubles My Brain

I couldn't open my eyes. I heard people, I heard sirens. I knew I was being moved but I didn't have control over my body. I felt so weak and confused.

I was struggling to breathe. It was horrible. It was that feeling just before you faint or pass out. The loud but also silent ringing in your ears, your body feeling numb but also so sick. I felt so alone and petrified.

*****

"She should wake up soon, is there anyone we should call for your girlfriend? She might have to stay in longer due to the head injury and chest drain." Someone explained.

"No, I've got it... My cousin will be in soon, they're best friends." Evan said. The other person, guessing is a doctor or nurse then left the room.

The room was then in silence. My eyes were closed, but I was starting to wake up slowly. I knew Evan was there and I was afraid. This happened because of him.

"Oh god, I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner! How is she?" A panicked Lucy stated, storming into the room quickly. How long had I been here?

"Doctors said she's doing okay, but they need to monitor her. She's got a bad concussion." He explained. I heard a chair being moved closer to me and then it was silent.

"Ugh..." A small groan escaped my lips as I moved slightly in the bed. I was regaining energy and was able to open my eyes. I blinked a few times but it was still blurry.

"Oh my god Erin, it's me Lucy... Evan where are her glasses?" Lucy asked, still panicked. There was sounds of shuffling objects before glasses were gently placed on my face.

"They're a bit broken, I taped them up for you though." Evan stated, close to my face as he put them on for me. He gently touched the side of my cheek, looking concerned but with a small smile, I turned my head away slightly.

I swallowed and coughed slightly as I had a dry throat and I was nervous. Lucy gently handed me some water, which I quickly sipped. I took a deep breath and rested my head gently back down, trying to take it what had happened, after Lucy took the water away.

"What time is it..?" I asked.

"About 8pm..." Lucy told me, as she gently placed a hand on my arm. "I'm so glad Evan saw you when he did, can't imagine what would have happened if you were left there in the rain."

8pm? I was heading home at 11am, I must have been seriously hurt. Thankfully I was on morphine, I think, so could hardly feel any pain at that point in time. I glanced at Evan when Lucy said he found me. He caused this to happen, he's the one that put me here. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh.

"I phoned your Dad, he said he'll come down in the next couple of days..." Lucy told me.

"Does Billie know?" I asked.

"No, but he's tried phoning you." Evan told me. I opened my eyes and he showed me my phone. I took it from it and looked at it. I had a few miss calls from him, we would normally talk on the phone with eachother daily. "I wouldn't stress, you don't have to tell him straight away, he's probably busy." He shrugged.

"He's my boyfriend." I stated looking at Evan. Lucy then coughed clearing her throat and sensing the awkward atmosphere. Evan clearly didn't know Billie was my boyfriend, that or he just chose to ignore it.

"Right, do you want me to phone him? I don't mind and I can also pop over to yours to see to Chester." Lucy kindly offered.

"No um, I'll phone him," I said looking at my phone, "sure about Chester? I'm sure Kate wouldn't mind looking after him..." I thought. I tensed slightly, as my head felt heavy as I thought.