Chapter 53: Able To Be

Zelda gently kissed Mary's forehead and rubbed at her side. Bailey had gotten up and lazily fell by Zelda's feet. Zelda chuckled, kicking her shoe off and rubbing Bailey's belly. 

Mary began to stir, resting her head against Zelda.

"Honey...wake up." Mary's eyes slowly fluttered open. They were filled with exhaustion but the minute she met Zelda's eyes, she sat up and wrapped her arms around her. 

"I missed you." 

"I missed you too, honey." Zelda calmly whispered in her ear, kissing the side of her face before pulling away. 
"I have news." 

"Hm?" Mary looked up at her, brows furrowed. Zelda smiled, kissing the small pout on her lips. 

"Well for starters, no more Satan." Mary made a huff noise and closed her eyes. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean, Satan was overruled." Mary looked even more confused. 

"By who?" 

"Lilith." Mary straightened her back, remembering the tales of Lilith she heard as a child. 

"Really? That's the news?" Zelda made a shrugging gesture, standing up to take off her coat. She slowly slipped back into her nightgown, explaining what happened at the church. 

Mary didn't say anything, just listened as she watched Zelda dress. 

Once Zelda was finished, she climbed back into bed, wrapping her right arm around Mary's waist. Mary sat crossed legged, looking down upon her. 

"So your telling me, you had a chat with the first wife of Adam while I sat here, growing nervous?" Zelda scoffed. 

"No- well yes but no. It's good news though. Mary… she'll let us be together." Zelda sat back up, taking Mary's hands into hers. "We can maybe…" Zelda bit her lip, nervous at the possibility of rejection. "We might be able to… marry. And as High Priestess, I'll make it a rule that we can be with who we are pleased to be with. Not just witches. Not just our own kind." Mary's heart melted and she leaned in for a kiss. 

"I love you." She quietly whispered against Zelda's lips before being pulled into a long heated kiss.