2••Evil Lives••

The bright light shone along with the bright pink curtains as Malice covered her eyes. With no time wasted, she closed the curtains and laid down, sighing.

"Why did it have to be pink?" She mumbled. "I didn't sign up for this."

When night fell, it was a quiet moment for everyone.

While Sheng was sharpening his sword, Evan stared at his mirror. He could feel the changes of the object. He remembered his mother telling him that it was magical.

But what kind of magic? He thought.

His reflection when they were still in the Isle looked lifeless but when the barrier was brought down, it was different. In fact, there were no reflection at all.

"Sheng, look. My mirror is acting strange." He spoke. "I mean, it's strange."

His friend stopped what he was doing and looked at him. "Hmm?"

"It's hard to explain. Look."

Sheng stood up and slid his sword in his sheath, walking over to Evan and sat on a chair next to him. "It doesn't have a reflection, anymore. Fascinating."

"I know, right."

"It must be magic. You're Evil Queen's s-"

"Shhh!!!" Evan pressed his finger on his lips and slowly looked up to the ceiling, making Sheng shocked and confused. He then looked back down to stare at the window. It turned silent. Sheng was clueless about what Evan was looking at, he turned to the direction but there was nothing.

"Evan.. What's going on? You act like you saw someone watching us?" Sheng whispered.

"Exactly." The confusing villain whispered back. "Since you have that theory, you would know that anyone will know our secret. They will find out whose kid I am and why I'm genetically handsome." He slowly turned his head to Sheng. Surprised about the sudden hit on the head, he hung his head down.

"Stop being ridiculous. Give me that." Sheng took the mirror. He looked at every part of the object but no matter what, he can't see how it works. So, he handed it back to Evan. "How does it work?"

Evan gave him an annoyed glance while holding the back of his head. "You take things too serious. " He took the mirror and thought. It took 2 minutes for him to come up with something. He directly looked at his reflection. "I remember mom speaking about asking anything to the mirror. And my sister crazy about them." He winced and thought for a short while. "Mirror, Mirror, if you dare, give me a sign that you are there." He said, moving his hand between them so that Sheng can see what happens.

Sheng looked at him and his sight went back to the blank mirror which had never shown a reflection to them, it was like the object was painted black.

I'm here, Master.

It wrote in majestic fonts.

"Woah." Sheng interjects. "How did that work? It's just a broken glass-"

"Of my mom's mirror." He finished his sentence. "Don't inspect anything."

"But I thought Evie has the magic mirror." Sheng frowned out of confusion.

Evan exhaled. "I was told that her mirror shattered into pieces when she was sent to the Isle and only me and her can witness its power when we bring it to Auradon no matter if it is just a shard."

With Malice..

Stars shone like crystals reflecting light in the mines as Malice gaze at them. The sky was never like this in the Isle for it was dark. As she gaze at the stars, all of her childhood memories in her old home were recalled like it was yesterday. For any normal person in Auradon, it makes them smile to remember their golden childhood, it makes them wish that the moments they had will happen again and the people they love the most will be with them in the present to write new chapters in their story..