He is flirting...but I can't!

Please advice

I have a guy friend who I met through a girl friend's boy group of friends.

I have the understanding that guys do flirt but what do I do when the guy flirting with you has been practically in a 'relationship' with one of your close friends.

My story...

It has been a few weeks this has been happening, it all started out innocent and still is but problem is,well that it is THE PROBLEM.

I like this guy as a friend and have a small crush on him that I don't want to continue,but guys you know how hard it is losing feelings of having a small crush. The thing is I won't and don't dwell on these feelings.

So,anyway,this guy has been flirting and spending time talking with me. Thoughtfully,all we speak or debate about is school and futures or just life in general but to most ,if not everyone,think we are and honestly I dislike the opinion.

Where the problem lies is that this guy is my close friend but another close friend has been liking him deeply and for the longest.

They have been through a lot together,being at that he has been on with different girls and once he gets what he wants he leaves. My good friend adviced me to stop everything going on because he is a womaniser and for my safety, I should give leaway and keep back from him.How do I do that if it has been going on for weeks?

I hate that what is happening between him and I is that this close friend that likes him,is beyond angry...I have been told that she is not angry with me but him,I just don't know who or  what to believe anymore.

He is the second guy to Ever take 'that' type of consideration or liking to me. i am so confused...

#1:How do I approach my close friend and explain that I in no way meant to hurt her and that I don't want him in any relationship way except as a friend?

#1:How do I make him stop flirting and hitting on me suddly but assetively?

#3:How do I not make everyone believe I take no romantic liking to this guy?

------------------------------------------------------

-please answer by the questions...

Advice seeking - psycOchemical is confused