Chapter 1 Graduation:

Sophie's POV:

Sophie: "Owh Sky he will be downstairs any minute now."

Sky: "I know honey, please relax!"

Sophie: "You know I can't. It's his birthday today."

Sky: "Yeah he is turning eighteen. He is a big boy now."

Sophie: "I can't believe it."

I pick up a picture frame that's standing on the table. This picture was taken on his fourth birthday. Time went by so fast.

I will never forget his first day of school.

Sophie: "Schoolbag in hand, he leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile. I watch him go with a surge of that well-known sadness. And I have to sit down for a while."

When we used to play board games, sitting near the fireplace.

Sophie: "The feeling that I'm losing him forever. And without really entering his world. I'm glad whenever I can share his laughter. That funny little boy. Slipping through my fingers all the time. I try to capture every minute. The feeling in it. Slipping through my fingers all the time."

The first day of high school.

Sophie: "Do I really see what's in his mind. Each time I think I'm close to knowing. he keeps on growing. Slipping through my fingers all the time."

Donny comes running downstairs.

Sky: "Happy birthday son."

Donny: "Thanks dad, is it okay if we celebrate when I get back? Tyler can be here any second now. I don't want to be late." 

Sky: "Of course, we will be at your school at 3 pm for  the ceremony." 

Donny: "Yeah, love you mom."

He gives me a kiss, grabs his bag from the chair and runs outside.

Sophie: "Happy birthday sweety."

I look down.

Sophie: "What happened to the wonderful adventures

Sophie: "What happened to the wonderful adventures. The places I had planned for us to go. Well, some of that we did but most we didn't. And why, I just don't know."

I hold onto the picture frame tightly.

Sophie: "Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture. And save it from the funny tricks of time. Slipping through my fingers all the time. Schoolbag in hand she leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile."

Donny's POV:

I run outside and I can see Tyler's car standing in the driveway. A white jeep with open roof.