[ 01 ]

🐇 3 years later 🐇 Start of the series 🐇

•🐇•

     "Yes, girl! One more!" The photographer hyped up Yuzuno as she posed in front of the camera. 

     The black and pink bikini offered a beautiful clash against her skin which was lit by the light of the clear sky. She could feel the wind carry droplets of saltwater into her hair that was held back from getting into her face with a pink rabbit-ear-knot headband. The chatter of the photoshoot mixed with the sound of the sea waves softly washing ashore, filling any room for silence.

     The other girls who were participating in the photoshoot were done, on the side of the setup, talking and drinking. She wasn't interested in them as she waited for the photographer to get done. 

     "Beautiful! Alright, it's a wrap!" He exclaimed, allowing her to drop the flirtatious expression she held for the photos. 

      Her cold metal bottle appeared in her view and she grabbed it, glancing at Yuichi who her makeup artist was standing beside. She briefly ignored the two as she took a few gulps of the lemony water inside the bottle. 

     The makeup artist didn't take her brush off in offence but seemed to hesitate before parting her lips. "What perfume do you wear?" She finally asked. 

     That was the question she held back all day. She had the privilege of doing Yuzuno's makeup a few times in the past and she had always smelt the faint aroma of tropical mist. Now it was minty fresh but seemed to keep up more than any perfume she had. 

     "It's peppermint essential oil," Yuzuno answered. 

     The woman blinked in surprise. That wasn't what she was expecting, but by how Yuzuno smelled all the time, essential oils worked better than any perfume she knew. She scurried off to make a note to buy some soon. 

     As she left, Yuichi gave a hearty laugh and set a hand on Yuzuno's shoulder. "You were perfect today!" He complimented. 

     "Where's Nabi and Soura?" She asked, ignoring the compliment. 

     He took that with a grain of salt. She hadn't changed after three years. She still held that cold attitude, even when they knew more than enough about each other.

     "Yusurako and Remia called Soura back and I told Nabi to go fetch your clothes," He answered. 

     She hummed in response and held out her hand, taking another sip of her lemon water. He set her phone down in her palm, knowing exactly what she was asking for. She flipped it open and began texting Remia. 

     Though, she quickly grew annoyed by the sun causing glares across the screen of the flip phone. She just wanted to leave but they had to wait for Nabi so she could change and return the bikini. She gave up on texting the younger ghoul and turned towards the rolling waves. 

    It was a great day for a beach day. The sky was clear and blue, the weather wasn't hot, and the beach produced a small amount of wind. The only thing ruining it all was the people. 

     If she wanted to relax on the beach, she wanted it to be where there wasn't anyone from the photoshoot around. The girls, stylists, photographers, makeup artists, and the girls' managers. They all looked ready to dip their toes into the water making it more than unappealing for her to stay.

     "Yuzu!" Nabi called out in joy, barrelling towards her with a bundle of her clothing in her arms.

     "Okay!" Yuichi clasped his hands together, "Now you can get dressed and we can go... Who knows what those three are doing at the hotel by themselves."