'one'

Sirius Orion Black was the eldest son of Walburga and Orion Black, and the heir of the Black family. The Blacks were a ruthless, pure-blooded family who expected Sirius to be the same. But, he wasn't. He had a heart and cared for other wizards. His younger brother had became the star child when Sirius was sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. He was abused, physically and mentally after that. He kept it a secret, until one night he couldn't anymore.

Euphemia Potter just put her 17 year old son to bed when she heard something coming out of her fireplace. Grabbing her wand out of her robes, she slowly started walking into the living room. When she entered, she raised her wand and found a skinny little boy covered in soot. His black hair was covered in blood and when he looked up at Euphemia, he cowarded at the sight of her wand raised at him.

"I-im sorry, Mrs. P-Potter," He sounded scared, " J-James told me if I-I was ever in danger, I could F-Floo to his house..." Euphemia put her wand down and stared at the boy who was almost in tears.

"What is your name, young man?" She asked him quietly. Her wand was still in a tight grip in her hand in case the boy attacked.

"S-Sirius...Sirius Black."

Euphemia immediately returned her wand away. Jame has told her all about Sirius. Her motherly instincts came alive and she hurried over to the boy.

"My son is asleep, dear, but you may stay here as long as you need. Here, let me clean you up and fix you something to eat, you look starved. " She smiled at him, but saw marks that could only be from one thing. She was angry, this boy has been put through the Cruciatus Curse. 

"Come with me, Sirius." She grabbed his hand and watched as he winced when he got up, but pretended not to notice to not embarrass the young boy. She lead him to the kitchen and got a muggle first aid kit from under the sink. Sirius looked confused.

" What is that?" He asked, his face was scrunched up in confusion.

"This?" She lifted up the kit a little and hurried over to him, Motioning him to sit on the counter. He did so, and waited as she opened up the kit. " This is a muggle medicine kit. I figured id used this instead of a wand." He nodded, and she set into work.

Neither said a word. Sirius was amazed at how nice James' mother was. He wondered why his own mother couldnt be like her. His body hurt, he was extremely exhausted. His curse marks were going to leave scars, he knew it. He watched her clean his wounds and when she finished, she started making him soup, magically this time.

Sirius could remember when his mother would actually cook him food before he became a outcast. He was hungry, so when Euphemia put the soup in front of him, he ate it quickly. It scourched his mouth but he didnt care.

She felt so bad for the boy; he was skin and bones. His cheeks were shallow, his skin pale.
From this day forth, Euphemia Potter would be damned if she ever let anyone hurt this boy in front of her. She vowed to care for him as if he were James.

"Ill show you to James' room now. Follow me, dear." She guided him to the room, and turned on the light.

James automatically woke up, as if he was never really asleep at all. "Mom? Mom is everthing oka- SIRIUSSSSS!!!" James jumped out of bed and ran to Sirius. Embarcing his best mate, he felt him flinch. James let him go, now noticing the bandages on his arms and face. His clothes torn, his hair matted, and his body pale. James shook in fury. He always suspected Sirius was abused at home, but he never wanted to believe it was true. His best friend, His Sirius, was hurt. "Dont worry, James, Im okay. Mrs. Potter fixed me up good. " Sirius looked up at her and smiled for the first time since summer started. "Thank you."