Chapter 5: Silver eyes

Caine's POV:

I woke up in my bed, quickly glancing at the time knowing it was after dark. Nearly Midnight,I thought. I sat up on my bed, glancing down I could see the faint outline of my friends sleeping on air mattresses and futons. Evan and Dahlia stood out the most on the futon. Their blonde and red curly hair, sticking up in every direction possible. Dahlia was faintly humming to a song by Greenday.

I stretched while yawning, then quickly jumped out of bed. What I didn't notice was that there were only 8 figures on the ground, not 9.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled on my half-zip proudly showing my family crest. The crest had a silver crown over a crescent moon. A cursive A on it's ending tip, a small emerald wisp surrounded it all. My legs trudged up a flight of stairs, wanting to reach there destination of the Atrium. I walked into the Atrium glancing at the glass covered ceiling.

"Great, I can see Leo." I mumbled, getting my white Nikon out of the armoire.

"Hey doll face," a deep voice said. I jumped and quickly threw a knife near the sound. I turned, the knife was in the wall, and it had knicked his ear.

"No,Caine. Don't a think you want to be doing that." Ian snickered and pulled the knife out the wall, ignoring his ear which was slightly bleeding a crimson liquid. Blood.

"Not funny, Ian!" I snapped. Ian Walewood, a person who could read me like a book but was a top ranked asshole. Lottie....... You are so lucky he's your boy.

IAN'S POV:

I tugged my lips up into my signature cocky smile, knowing I got to her. Her movements were flustered. She wasn't being herself, I knew that it happened again. She was Shadow Dreaming.

I was the onto her and she didn't even know. Her eyes always flickered when she had just woken up, but me and Logan were the only one's who noticed. Cain'es hair was covering her face, but everytime she turned around I could see a flash of silver.

"So, doll face. What brings the Princess out of her slumber?" I knew she was keeping more from me but I wanted her to crack just like always. Lottie is so much easier to deal with. C is different. I can se how much anger boils inside of her lately. Her eyes always ready to find something to kill. He knives, always in her inner jacket pocket.

I admit Caine is crazy, but I wish she knew how to let people in. She kept moving around never stopping.

"Caine stop." I pleaded, only to get a somewhat growling noise in reply. Animal, I thought.

"Caine... Caine just talk to me" She continued to ignore me. She was driving me mad. No wait, correction. She was driving herself AND I mad.

I stalked over to her and held arms, tightening them as she kept thrashing. She muffled a sob, hoping I didn't hear. But I did.

I pulled up her chin, my eyes probably widened out of their sockets. Her eyes.... The moss green I was used to. They were silver.