Chapter 7: The Song of Mothers

Caine POV:

The Next Morning...

I woke up having fuzzy memories of last night.  The Morning Star was just coming up over the Irish plateaus.  The golden color showed every fleck of dew on the long since cut grasses.  My friends were still sleeping. So I did the most irrelevant thing.

I went over to my Nokia and turned the volume up to 30. Speaker. I scrolled down my playlist,looking for a song by AM (a/n if your an Arctic Monkeys fan... Your bae.) Arabella came up as the first song so I pressed it,running over quickly to my closet.

Then,  my door was thrown off it's hinges, revealing 2 pairs of angry twins. I walked out. "Wonderful, your all awake now everyone who isn't my brothers.... GET THE HELL OUT!" okay okay, everyone else grumbled and then my door slammed, leaving my brothers and I.

They stumbled over to my bean bag s sitting down, waiting for me by my vanity.

I walked over and sat down, picking up my old fashioned hair brush.

"You guys do know we are the heirs to the Heavens throne." I stated, starting to brush through my messy tangles and knots.

Landon snorted by for speaking, "Haha, very funny Caine, but seriously stop stalling."

I ignored him and spoke. "Did either of you ever ask what Mothers surname was BEFORE she married father?" I questioned, slightly raising my right eyebrow.

"Sure we did, she said it was  Iollavac." Leo said, looking at me still trying to process my point.

I swiveled around on my vanity's stool. "Well boys, did you ever look at it.... I don't know. Backwards?" I commented, swerving back around as they processed my comment.

They both jumped up at the same time and looked at me whispering "Holy Shit."

Then, they started speaking in twin. A language I tried to learn but could only pick up a few words. They kept saying mother over and over  before looking at me.

"Well Caine, if we are the descendants we will figure it out later. We just wanna here mothers melody, since you have her voice." Landon said sitting back down.

I shrugged and kept brushing then all our eyes went silver as I started to sing.

Long ago with a sparrows charm,

The heirs no one knows

2 princes and a princess of only one,

They know the key to thee.

With silver eyes,

The looking glass and a mirrors lie

They can rise!

The 212 shall lead the wayyyyy...

(sigh)

Home.

We all had a glassy look in our eyes still remembering how mother would sing that every night.

I came out of my haze first and started to think about the Legend of the Heavens throne.

Once long ago, in a world we know of now,

Stood a white marble castle with a gleaming town below.

There was a king, a queen and a young prince. The City of Heavens they ruled, being descendants of the Angels.

Everyone else of Supernaturality feared them ,even knowing they were of forgiveness.

The Supernatural started a rebellion in secret then, they raided the City.

The Kings throat was slit, but the Queen managed to scurry away, taking her son in tow. She sent him somewhere in the realm. Before, the raid reached the Queen she threw emerald dust in the air cloaking the City, as soon as the raid ended.

The Lost Prince, was never found. A prophecy states that one day the heirs to his line will rise, unleashing the City, setting its people free of their enchantment. The City after that shall never fall again...

I sighed, noticing Landon and Leo looking at me with sad expressions.

"Guys, isn't obvious?" I asked looking back at them. They raised eyebrows in questioning.

"Mommas story and the Legend. The Lost Princes heirs, that's us and mom.  The looking glass, a mirror. Then there's the-" I stopped mid-sentence glancing at the door, before running down the stairs.  

I entered the Atrium and moved the mirror. A small safe was hidden behind it. I raised my shaking fingers to the buttons. 2-1-2, enter.