Chapter 2

Mark's POV

There is always a sense of dominance when you pluck the light out from behind someone's eyes. There is also a thick atmosphere of triamph as the life leaves someone and their body is left, motionless. It's hard to explain. I guess it's like an addiction for my ego. Danny kills the girls; I dispose of the bodies. Glen has no part of our working out. He assumes that we have some freaky threesome with the girl, and that is that. Little does he know that we have a darker lust within the caverns of our souls.

The girl with blonde hair from the second row didn't look much like I had seen her before. Her throat was slashed; her clothes were soaked with blood and her chest had a gaping wound. I couldn't contain the smile as I saw the way she lay on the floor. I knew, deep down, that this was not a normal way to behave, but I often burried that feeling so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

Danny was very good at drowning his feelings. On the other hand, I struggled after the initial pleasure. I guess my concern was less "I could be put into jail for this" and more "I don't want to hurt the people close to me". However, I was never really the one to kill the victims; that was always Danny's job. He was always more efficent and more flirty with the girls at first. When you're married, it gets harder to flirt with everyone you cross on the street, even if they are fans.

I gazed down at the girl's body. A slight pang of guilt surfaced, causing me to jump from shock. I felt Danny's eyes watching me.

"Everything okay?" He asked, his voice back to its usual self.

"Yeah. She was so much more pretty alive." I tilted my head, trying to look at her from a different angle.

"She really was." He sighed. "Never mind." He dismissed her life with a flick of his wrist.

I burried the guilt again, focusing on getting her body into the car. I slipped my hands underneath her limp body, holding her to my chest as her body crumpled like a piece of waste paper. Dan reached forward and opened the trunk and lined it with a waterproof layer so that the trunk did not become blood stained. After laying her inside, I closed the trunk and hopped into the driver's seat. Switching on the engine, I began to drive away as Dan was left with the task of cleaning up the blood.

          *          *          *          *          *

Did you know that it is surprisingly easy to dispose of a body? As long as you don't act suspicious, nobody pays much attention. Driving to the Dan-approved site at the bank of the lake on the less popular side, I tossed her in along with the waterproof cover. They both fell in, breaking the surface with a loud splash. Caustiously, I looked around, but nobody was there. I passed no-one as I returned to the car either. Like I said, easy.

          *          *          *          *          *

I met Dan back at the alleyway to change out of our bloodied clothes. I had no idea what Danny had used to remove the blood from the pavement, but it worked a charm. Changing into a clean set of clothes in record time, both of us climbed into the car. I drove it back to where I had found it, shutting the doors. The owner would pissed off about the fact that someone had broke into the car. The shattered window would be the evidence that someone had stolen their car for the night, only they would not understand the benefit we got from using it. I shrugged and began to walk back towards the tour bus.

As we walked, Dan stayed slient. He was comtemplating something; that much was obvious. Not wanting to disturb him, I walked silently, pondering the members of the girl's family who would miss her.

"Circe." Dan said out of the blue. I shot him a quizzical look. "Her name was Circe." He still showed no remorse. "I know you like to know their names." I nodded at him, staring at my toes for the rest of the way.

          *          *          *          *          *

As we clambered onto the tour bus, we found Glen in his bunk, scrolling through twitter. "Was she worth it?" Glen inquired, sounding bored.

"More than definitely." Dan answered, making his way to the kettle and beginning to boil the water.

"I remember you saying you'd never sleep with a fan." Glen called out from his bunk.

"Times change, Glenny." I called back, pulling down a mug each for me and Danny.

"You're married!" He was out of his bunk now, walking towards us. "Yes, thanks Dan. I would love a cuppa too." He pulled down his own mug, placing it next to Dan before turning back away.

"Make your own!" Danny shouted down the bus.

And just like that he could cover his emotion. And just like that, I had to as well.